• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

triqqer queue order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I need to know if a trigger that is run by another trigger using "Run trigger (without checking conditions)" action has all of its actions put in the queue immediately, and play BEFORE the rest of the initiating trigger? For example, if I were to change a global variable immediately before a "run trigger" action would it be impossible for that global variable to be changed by some other trigger before or during the course of the trigger being run?

Assume I use no triggers that have waits

Level 23
because you can only have one thread running at a time in wc3, you can only have a one trigger running at a time meaning that if you set a global to 1 and then execute another trigger(Run trigger without cheking conditions) you cant change the value from ouside the trigger while the trigger runs, even if you try the value would be changed while the trigger was running you will change it only after the trigger runs or before, never while runs.

Exception is changing the value inside the trigger or using TriggerSleepAction - Wait because that freezes the whole thread allowing another one to be run

Status
Not open for further replies.