• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Triple-User Contest. (Trofusion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
I ran up to an idea, that really requires teamwork and energy. The whole contest is meant to help users learn from each other, get (even more) friends, to improve communications and endure the team work of each participant. In this contest, a group of three users will represent one team. As I said, team-work is a must, so read carefully each's task.

First of them should be a modeler. He/She should create a model that possesses originality and creativity.
Second one will craft a skin for it. The skin should go well with the whole concept, and again, it requires communication with other members to envelop a successful idea.
After the skin and model are done, a third person will go in the World Editor and create synergized hero from it. It should fit the theme, skin and animations (if needed).

We come to a conclusion, that this contest should improve your teamwork. If you wonder why I put the conclusion in the almost every paragraph, it's because it lost it's meanings over the years. Nowadays, people run away to safety of their own shadows.

Any comments and suggestions will be appreciated.

Red

Red

Level 26
DO WANT! I had to drop from the last team contest, and I've really been hoping for a chance to do it right.

Even if it ends up being another 2-man contest... Triggers and such aren't really my thing, so that part doesn't matter much to me.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Yeah, I missed out on the paired contest as well, and I'd love to give it a shot.

Not so sure about making the unit itself though.

Level 15
I like the idea, one person does a model, another the skin, and another codes 4 custom spells.

It WOULD require alot of teamwork. The problem is judging since I don't think there are many judges that do 3d art, 2d art, GUI, and VJass. The good thing is that you would have many great models and many more great spells becoming resources after the contest.

Another problem is that I can honestly see only 2 or 3 teams participating.

Having said all that I would definitely participate as a coder if this contest was done.

Level 10
I like the idea, one person does a model, another the skin, and another codes 4 custom spells.

It WOULD require alot of teamwork. The problem is judging since I don't think there are many judges that do 3d art, 2d art, GUI, and VJass. The good thing is that you would have many great models and many more great spells becoming resources after the contest.

Another problem is that I can honestly see only 2 or 3 teams participating.

Having said all that I would definitely participate as a coder if this contest was done.

Maybe make a team of 3 judges that judge the model, texture and coding?

Status
Not open for further replies.