• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Triggering bosses spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello guys, i have having some issues regarding triggering bosses spells..here is how a full boss level looks like via triggers in my map, sometimes, he casts alone the ice lance and frost nova, it's not being casted from the trigger, even when i used the order boss to arcane bomb or frost nova the target(I know that because i used text to show me when he cast spell, and when casting forst nova it showed me that it's the trigger of arcane bomb and vice versa), it's just itsel00,the hero, and i have no AI functions in the map. And almost never cast blizzard. The only player that has bosses spawning is player 7, so i can use that.

• Wave 10
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Countdown Timer - Destroy TimerWindow
      • Player - Set the current research level of Structural Defenses to ((Current research level of Structural Defenses for Player 11 (Dark Green)) + 1) for Player 11 (Dark Green)
      • If (Defeat Equal to True) then do (Skip remaining actions) else do (Do nothing)
      • Leaderboard - Change the title of Leaderboard to Wave 10/50
      • Trigger - Run Multiboard Title <gen> (ignoring conditions)
      • Trigger - Turn on Rage Encounter <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Rage Death <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Rage Spellcast <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Rage PlayerKill <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Boss Attack <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Boss Time Rage Winterchill <gen>
      • Sound - Play Wave_Horn_3 <gen> at 100.00% volume, located at (Center of FriendlyForceMeleeOriginMid <gen>) with Z offset 0.00
      • Sound - Play Doom <gen>
      • Set DoomPlaying = True
      • Unit - Create 1 Lich (Boss 2) for Player 7 (Green) at (Center of EnemyForceOriginA4 <gen>) facing 90.00 degrees
      • Set Boss_RageWinterchill = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Skeletal Mage (Level 4) for Player 7 (Green) at (Center of EnemyForceOriginD2 <gen>) facing 90.00 degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Skeletal Mage (Level 4) for Player 7 (Green) at (Center of EnemyForceOriginD5 <gen>) facing 90.00 degrees
      • Hero - Set Boss_RageWinterchill Hero-level to 15, Hide level-up graphics
      • Hero - Learn skill for Boss_RageWinterchill: Frost Nova (Rage Winterchill)
      • Hero - Learn skill for Boss_RageWinterchill: Ice Lance (Rage Winterchill)
      • Hero - Learn skill for Boss_RageWinterchill: Blizzard (Rage Winterchill)
      • Hero - Learn skill for Boss_RageWinterchill: Impale (Rage Winterchill)
      • Hero - Create |c000000FFCaster|r |c00FF7F00Head|r Set [|cffffcc00Level 1|r] and give it to Boss_RageWinterchill
      • Hero - Create |cff00ebffHead|r of |c0020C000Rage Winterchill|r and give it to Boss_RageWinterchill
      • Set ChaosGroup = (Units in EnemyForceOrigin <gen> owned by Player 7 (Green))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in ChaosGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of MortalCastle <gen>)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_ChaosGroup)
  • Rage Encounter
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Attacking unit) Equal to Boss_RageWinterchill
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from No unit named Rage Winterchill: Play RageEncounter <gen> and display The Legion's final .... Modify duration: Set to 4.00 seconds and Wait
      • Wait 7.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn on Rage Spellcast Trigger <gen>
  • Rage Spellcast Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 7 (Green) Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Attacked unit) Equal to Boss_RageWinterchill
      • ((Attacking unit) is A structure) Equal to False
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Set Boss_Speech = (Random integer number between 1 and 2)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Boss_Speech Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Order Boss_RageWinterchill to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale (Attacking unit)
          • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from No unit named Rage Winterchill: Play RageSpellcast3 <gen> and display Ashes to ashes, dus.... Modify duration: Set to 2.00 seconds and Wait
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • Boss_Speech Equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Boss_Point = (Position of (Attacking unit))
          • Unit - Order Boss_RageWinterchill to Human Archmage - Blizzard Boss_Point
          • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from No unit named Rage Winterchill: Play RageSpellcast4 <gen> and display It will be much col.... Modify duration: Set to 2.00 seconds and Wait
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Boss_Point)
        • Else - Actions
      • Wait 12.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)
  • Rage Spellcast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 7 (Green) Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to Boss_RageWinterchill
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Frost Nova (Rage Winterchill)
        • Then - Actions
          • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from No unit named Rage Winterchill: Play RageSpellcast1 <gen> and display Crumble and rot!. Modify duration: Set to 2.00 seconds and Wait
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Ice Lance (Rage Winterchill)
        • Then - Actions
          • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from No unit named Rage Winterchill: Play RageSpellcast2 <gen> and display Succumb to the icy .... Modify duration: Set to 2.00 seconds and Wait
        • Else - Actions
  • Rage PlayerKill
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Killing unit) Equal to Boss_RageWinterchill
      • ((Dying unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set Boss_Speech = (Random integer number between 1 and 3)
        • If - Conditions
          • Boss_Speech Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from No unit named Rage Winterchill: Play RagePlayerkill1 <gen> and display All life must peris.... Modify duration: Set to 2.00 seconds and Wait
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • Boss_Speech Equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from No unit named Rage Winterchill: Play RagePlayerkill3 <gen> and display Victory to the Legi.... Modify duration: Set to 2.00 seconds and Wait
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • Boss_Speech Equal to 3
        • Then - Actions
          • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from No unit named Rage Winterchill: Play RagePlayerkill2 <gen> and display Your world is ours .... Modify duration: Set to 2.00 seconds and Wait
        • Else - Actions

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
You don't need AI scripts/functions for the AI to cast these spells.

One solution would be to replace the abilities with Channel abilities and trigger around that.
Edit: Corrected ^this in my next post.

Another possible solution would be to make the player that controls these Bosses a non-Computer, but I'm not 100% sure about this.

Last edited:
Level 9
Ok, so there is like no way to stop them auto-casting the spells?
Maybe if i learn and unlearn the spell when i want to use?
Like learn blizzard, order rage to blizzard area, unlearn blizzard ?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Yes, and now that I think about it, you don't even need the Channel abilities since you're choosing when to cast.

Simply Add the ability to the Boss right before you issue the order to cast said ability, and then Remove the ability when the Boss stops casting it.
  • Actions
  • Unit - Add YourAbility to Boss
  • Unit - Order Boss to use YourAbility
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit Stops casting an ability
  • Conditions
  • Ability cast equal to one of your Boss abilities / Casting unit equal to your Boss
  • Actions
  • Unit - Remove (Ability being cast)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.