• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Triggering and teleportation gateway help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Im making a Heaven Vs. Hell type map right now, using all custom terrain / heroes so im not pirating anything...well yet :lol:

But the map is protected so i sorta need some help, heh.

First thing im having trouble with is the teleportation gateways i have setup to get to places. well, i cant seem to figure out how to get them to work

Triggering: Just need some minor help. Cant figure out how to make the creeps spawn in specific order and such, or go into the higher creeps later on in the game.

Also wondering how to do the hero selection thru the circle of power so no one can be the same hero.

but the map making is pretty fun :) :D :)

Level 3
First, wait patiently until one answers you.

Second, let me respond as accurately as I can.

Gateways: In the WE, create a region below the two gateways you wish to link, double-click one of the portals, and check the "Active Portal" box. Find your preset region through the small multichoice box, and click it. Do the same thing with the other portal, but choosing the other region.

As for the creep spawning, make a trigger which spawns a type of creep. Add two actions then: Trigger - Run (*Spawn Spiders) and Trigger - Turn off (This Trigger). The Spawn Spiders is for the example. The first creep spawning trigger in the list will function normally. The other will be checked as off at game start. When the two actions run, they'll turn on the second trigger and close the first one. Add the same actions to the second trigger, but letting the first trigger the next spawning, etc.

For the hero selection, on your hero selection trigger, add Trigger - Turn off (This trigger). This will disable any other attempts to choose the hero.

Level 3
It will cycle in a way. A type of creeps will be spawned while the other will wait. When the first is done, the other will run.

You can only run a trigger, not a category folder.

Level 3
If you want the spawn to repeat itself up to a limit, create a Real variable. We'll name it SpawnLimit.

At the end of your spawning trigger, add the action: Set (SpawnLimit) = (SpawnLimit) + (1). Then make a separate trigger.

Code:
Events -
   Real - (SpawnLimit) becomes equal to 5

Conditions -

Actions -
   Trigger - Turn off (*Your spawn triggers)

Level 4
Cool, ive always wondered what real variables were :D i will definantly give it a whirl tomorrow... well get back to you on how it works

By the way, im trying to have it so players can hide their inventories. (Mainly because im tired of beggers :oops: ) well if im not being clear, you know how you can click on a hero and see their items in TFT? in RoC you cant. My map is for TFT but i want it to hide the inventories so people dont swarm me "woa HOW DID YOU MAKE THAT :shock: "

Level 3
This is not a trigger, but an Interface Options. In the World Editor, locate the "Advanced" tab, click on it, then choose "Interface Options". Check the "Allow personalized values" box, scroll down until you find "Show the inventory of heroes" or such, set it to false.

Level 4
cool!

ok so i have that stuff set in sone :D however i can't seem to get the creeps to attack-move to a location.

What i do is i have 2 triggers for it, one spawns the creeps in the location, and the other has them attack move to another. attack-move trigger looks like this:

EVENT
Unit - A unit enters Creep HEAVEN 1 <gen>

CONDITION
(Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile

ACTIONS
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Creep HEAVEN 1 <gen> owned by Neutral Hostile) and do (Unit Group - Order (Units in Creep HEAVEN 1 <gen>) to Attack-Move To (Center of Creep HEAVEN 1 attack <gen>))

it would seem logical to work, just dont know why they wont move their arses till i show up.

---EDIT---
I disabled the black mask and noticed that the creeps DID move out to where i wanted them to, but after about 5 or 10 seconds they moved back to where they spawned... :( how can i fix that

Level 4
EDIT

Nevermind i figured it out, heh. Also got the weather working, thanks guys :)

Im trying to make a chaing lightning type thing, but instead of lightning, it shoots the freezing breath. I cant seem to be able to get it to work. I change model files for the lightning to freezing breath, but it still shoots lightning! ARRRRG :evil: :evil:

Also tried making an ability like rotting cloud, however my hero cant learn it, took out techtree reqs, and that stuff, made it a hero skill, 3 levels, but it still doesnt show up, gave it research icons too. how do i get this to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.