• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Trigger Only Once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello! Just looking for a little help on how to do this. I need a traigger to only activate once, how would I go about doing that? For example I have a region that when you enter it it sets your hero's level to 2 (Because it's just before the first fight), it also spawns 3 enemies and updates a quest. The problem is I don't want anyone's hero to be, like, level 5 and then walk into the region and become lv2. I also don't want the old quest update to overite the new one. Please help and thanks in advance!:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 4
Pathing Blockers

Thanks guys I figured out. Now here's just a really quick and dumb question on my part. What's up with the pathing blockers:confused:? I really just don't get them. You can't see them or anything and they never seem to work for me. Also how do I get the visible ones? For example the ones that are used in scenario maps that create the effect of different far away areas. Thanks in advance:infl_thumbs_up: (once again) and sorry I know it's a really dumb question.

Last edited:
Level 15
Pathingblockers are invisible 'functions that works as a wall. In other words, put a pathing blocker in front of a unit, the unit won't be able to walk forward, due to the pathingblocker.

And hey, it's not a dumb question. You simply didn't know, nothing to apologize about.

It's good if you have big houses or something, so then you put pathing blockers around so that the units don't walk through the house, but around it.

Press "I" to show/hide the purple cubes, and press "P" to show/hide the pathing map. Pink means only air units can go over, blue means it's unbuildable (like shallow water), white means nothing can walk through, and cyan means only ground units can walk through. There are others, but those are the basic ones.

Level 4
Item/Hero Trigger

O.K. I think I read that to fast, but I get it. Thanks. O.K. and here's my final question: is there a way to give a hero an item when they are summoned immediatley? So for example I have a Master Cheif model in the map I'm working on, but unlike most models he doesn't carry a weapon in the model (to give you more "choice" in what he uses), therefore I don't want him to fire projectiles out of nowhere. So I got the shotgun attachment for him (because I like shotguns and because I thought it would work the best) and I put it to an item that can be purchased for free from the player made shop. But what's problematic with that is even though it restocks slowley it can still be purchased again. Thanks in advance!:infl_thumbs_up:

If it's not neccessary that he has to have an item, just make a custom ability based off of Sphere (in the Human section), and change the Art - Missle to nothing, and the Art - Target to the gun model, and then change the attachment points as necessary.

The sphere ability doesn't show on the hero, and doesn't need an item.

Status
Not open for further replies.