• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Trigger help/need Dif Trigger for Dialog!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSM

DSM

Level 3
Thinks for reading this and comeing to help me. I am a small map maker i releasted a few maps so far and they turned out ok.....but im touching up on this old map that i made and i found a way to make it better but it has to do with makeing a trigger.....anyways ill get to the point.....im trying to get dif level trigger useing dialog, couse thats what i sean on molti games....but unforchantly there all protected so i couldnt go in and see how they did things.....all i need is a basic run down to make a dialog box named Difficulty Level and 3 buttons that say Easy, Normal, Hard......and i just need it to show to player 1 (Red)...if anyone can help plz post back soon thx.

Level 17
This trigger will create the dialog.
You need four variables btw, one for the dialog (a dialog variable) and three for each of the dialog buttons.

• Create Dialog
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.10 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for DialogDifficulty labelled Easy
      • Set Easy = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for DialogDifficulty labelled Medium
      • Set Medium = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for DialogDifficulty labelled Hard
      • Set Hard = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Dialog - Change the title of DialogDifficulty to Select Difficulty
      • Dialog - Show DialogDifficulty for Player 1 (Red)
  • Easy Selected
    • Events
      • Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for DialogDifficulty
    • Conditions
      • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to Easy
    • Actions
      • -------- What ever you want it to do. If you want it to set a handicap do something like this: --------
      • Player - Set Player 1 (Red) handicap to 150.00%
      • -------- This will give him 50% more health, so units with 100 hp end up with 150 hp now. --------
Now make a trigger liek this for medium and hard aswell.
You are free to edit the actions to suit your map best, I just gave u an example of what u can do. :wink:

DSM

DSM

Level 3
thx man....ill try it out....oh and i guess why im asking for help....im trying to get a nice little message thing in some of my games....like for instence a roleplaying game, say (User Name): Hi Guys, i want to get it to say (Units Name): Hi Guys....u get what im sayen?....anyways if u can help me there id like it but if not then its ok thx for ur help on last trigger :thumbs_up:

Level 17
It is possible to make a trigger use a Players Name of a Units name in a message, I'll work on it now to show you a bit.

EDIT:
Is this what you mean?
  • PLayer1Red HI
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 5.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of Player 1 (Red)) + : Hi!!!! =:D)
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Trained unit)) + : Hi!!!! =:D)
It's a Game Message with Concatenate Strings, first string had player name or unit name and second string has the message. (You have to edit the unit to make it work but this is basicly what u are looking for right?)

Level 17
Airandius how weird... that trigger you showed is precisely as the one i gave him.. but mine shows what difficulty is picked

Lol, you can't make a dialog in a different way, and I did not open your map or anything, that would just be lame.
If u need prove that I make dialogs and din't steal yours go play my maps, both of them use dialogs.

- Ziggurat Takeover and Underwaterhunt (Look ehm up in map section.)

And Underwaterhunt even cleans the dialog and makes it able to re-use it for a remach.
Stil not convinced I didn't steal it?
I can make other triggers aswell like multiboards and shit, there! :xxd:

Status
Not open for further replies.