• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

trigger help again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
these are my two triggers in which i need help on:

vote2:

Events
Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing tdm as An exact match

Actions
If ((This trigger) Equal to (This trigger)) then do (Set GType[2] = (GType[2] + 1)) else do (Do nothing)
Wait 1.00 seconds
Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

choosegametype:

Events
Map initialization
Actions
If ((GType[1] + GType[2]) Equal to (Number of players in (All players matching (((Matching player) controller) Equal to User)))) then do (If (GType[1] Greater than or equal to GType[2]) then do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: game set to CTF! ) else do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: Game set to TDM! )) else do (Do nothing)
If ((GType[1] + GType[2]) Equal to (Number of players in (All players matching (((Matching player) controller) Equal to User)))) then do (Set GType[1] = 0) else do (Do nothing)
If ((GType[1] + GType[2]) Equal to (Number of players in (All players matching (((Matching player) controller) Equal to User)))) then do (Set GType[2] = 0) else do (Do nothing)
If ((GType[1] + GType[2]) Equal to (Number of players in (All players matching (((Matching player) controller) Equal to User)))) then do (If (GType[1] Greater than or equal to GType[2]) then do (Trigger - Turn off timer <gen>) else do (Trigger - Turn on timer <gen>)) else do (Do nothing)

sorry if that is a little long but i cant find whats wrong with these 2 triggers and why vote2 isnt activating choosegametype

Level 13
1. this makes no sense to me
If ((This trigger) Equal to (This trigger)) then do
2. what does map init do in the second triggers event?
this way the trigger runs before anyone is able to vote
3. why should it activate choosegametype? in vote2 there's no action that runs that trigger

4. Plz post (or PM me if you don't want everyone to see your triggers) ALL triggers concerning to this choosing-system, I can see that you didn't post all of them

Status
Not open for further replies.