• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

trigger Enchanced spell tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi I read Daelin's tutorial on trigger enchancing spells but I still dont completely understand it. He didn't really tell you what to do to get the trigger to work he just gave you a screenshot of the trigger window and what it should look like after you put the triggers in. I'm trying to make a single target spell. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other good tutorial's opn the subject that could really help. Kinda like a trigger enchancing spells for dmmys tutorial :p

ThX
Hawk

Level 5
So, you want a targeted spell thats trigger enhanced?

So basically what I do for a targeted spell is I take Stormbolt, reduce its damage to 0 and move the duration value to .01 (for the stun) Then you go into the trigger editor and make a trigger somewhat like this.
  • Bloodletting
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Stormbolt
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing ((Real((Agility of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))) + 2.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
Of course you can change/add more actions to your trigger.

Level 9
so does that trigger make the spell do the damage and also make the abilitie art activate or do you have to change that in the abilitie editor. I'm trying to make a spell that makes a lunar ray (what the moon priestesse makes apear before the stars fall for the starfall abilitie) and damages the enemy. Its basicly the abilitie off of DOTA for the moon rider i thk is her name. So how do you change what the spell looks like in the game? I think I understand the trigger part now thx.

Level 5
Aight, there are two ways you can put the art. The trigger way, or the Unit editor way. I suggest the editor way, just change the missle art of the storm bolt to the Starfall effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.