• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Trapped

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
With two exits you also gain two entrances, both holding many favors and dangers for the explorers leaving the nest.

I've attempted to balance it in a way where neither party have significant advantages beyond what you do with your environment. If any attempting player could check it out and give feedback I'd be really happy.~

Email potential replays to [email protected]
Remember to name subject: RE: Trapped
'Cause I get a lot of spam. ._.;;

Changelog
  • Removed a gold mine; too easily defended by whoever reached it first.
  • Moved player starting locations.
  • Expanded and realigned said new starting locations.
  • Redesigned the "backstage" to be the main route.
  • Removed previous marketplaces.
  • Added fountains of health at their locations.
  • Redesigned the areas around the fountains.
  • Added fountain of mana.
  • Added creep camp at said fountain of mana.
  • Added Marketplace south of fountain of mana.
  • Added Goblin merchant north of fountain of mana.
  • Added more creep camps and moved some existing ones.
  • Fixed loot tables; creeps should now drop items on death.
  • Redid the trees around the camps.
  • Removed doodads previously among the lush woods; 'cause blight didn't affect it.

Keywords:
drunkenvalley, island, cramped, small, hostile
Contents

Trapped (Map)

Reviews
19:41, 11th Jul 2009 Linaze: There's too little room to build on and barely any drops at all. The two players also start too close to each other. 01:01, 27th Jul 2009 Linaze: There are clear improvements but the map still lacks open areas for...

M

19:41, 11th Jul 2009
Linaze: There's too little room to build on and barely any drops at all. The two players also start too close to each other.

01:01, 27th Jul 2009
Linaze: There are clear improvements but the map still lacks open areas for battles since currently it's too "tight". Add some more openness.

Level 2
EDIT: Should be fixed.
EDIT2: The focus was initially a cramped environment where you would most likely have to build your tier 2 and tier 3 fairly late in the game or outside your initial base; this was established with small starting locations that did not fit room for a lot more than tier 1. Focus has been shifted, but the size of the starting location is still perhaps rather small by normal scale.

Last edited: