• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Transparency Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Mortred's third spell ''Blur'' gives transparency and a chance that enemies will miss... But on newer versions the transparency is only for the enemies of the mortred but allies see her very clear. How is this done?

Level 7
Hmm i have done it with custom script... I guy showed me... Anyways do u know how to change the transparence changing for this custom script from 90 to 22.5 * Level of that Spell
call SetUnitVertexColorBJ( udg_Transparency_Unit, 100, 100, 100, 90.00 )

Level 6
JASS:
local unit hero = GetLevelingUnit()
local player player_local = GetLocalPlayer()
local integer abil_lvl = GetUnitAbilityLevel(hero, <ability>)
if (IsUnitAlly(hero, player_local)) then
        // SetUnitVertexColor(unit, red,green,blue, alpha)
        call SetUnitVertexColor(hero, 255,255,255, 255)
    else
        // SetUnitVertexColor(unit, red,green,blue, alpha)
        call SetUnitVertexColor(hero, 255,255,255, 255 - (64 * abil_lvl))
        // Each level provides 25%(255/64 = ~25%) transparency to enemies.
endif

Is this what you're looking for? I wrote it in JASS, it is a "Hero-levels-up-ability" function. Just set a condition to check if the ability being leveled-up is the "transparency" ability, also add the "transparency" ability rawcode where i said <ability>. :thumbs_up:

Level 7
BUMP: It says to me for this: call SetUnitVertexColorBJ( udg_Transparency_Unit, 100, 100, 100, 255 - (41.5 * Transparency_lvl)) Expected a name

Level 23
You could do it 'mostly' gui.
You only need to insert two custom texts.

• InvisForEnemies
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Evasion
    • Actions
      • Custom script: if not IsUnitAlly(GetTriggerUnit(), GetLocalPlayer()) then
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with (25.00 x (Real((Level of Evasion for (Triggering unit)))))% transparency
      • Custom script: endif
This should be the simplest way in Gui.

Level 7
Hmm ok thnx i will test it and give u +rep if it works :p
EDIT: It doesn't work :S... It doesn't change transparency

Last edited:
Level 7
I know i can't see it i will post my trigger so u can see... Whats wrong here.. Can some 1 test it because i can't test it in multiplayer :S

Events
Unit - A unit Learns a skill
Conditions
(Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Tidal Bash
Actions
Set Transparency_Unit = (Learning Hero)
Custom script: if IsUnitEnemy (udg_Transparency_Unit, GetLocalPlayer ()) then
Custom script: call SetUnitVertexColorBJ(udg_Transparency_Unit, 100, 100, 100, (GetUnitAbilityLevel(udg_Transparency_Unit, 'A00K')) * 225 * .01)
Custom script: endif

Level 23
Did you really try it my way...

There is an easy way to check it in single player.
Add an evil hero of the unit having the ability, on the map. Order him to learn the spell.
If the hero is faded when you see him, then you know it worked.

Level 7
The trigger is learns a skill and when my hero will revive the skill will already be learned... Btw i think that this think is bugged or something... I cr8ed an enemy force player 2 and i gave the skill to the hero and then changed its lvl to 4 and still didn't gave transparency.. Rly i need to test it multiplayer because singleplayer sux and doesn't work... Btw tnx for all your help, Eccho i will give u +rep for the help... ;)

Level 6
If your hero is revived using triggers, then just refresh the unit's transparency when you revive, otherwise use TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ(<trigger>, EVENT_UNIT_HERO_REVIVE_FINISH).

Sorry I didn't try to do that trigger in GUI. I got laid off at work yesterday :(
That, and I've been using JASS for a while now, I can't rememeber GUI properly.

Anyways, I hopes that I've helped out. :thumbs_up:

Level 23
Okay, a few testing I did responses on the following:

Hmm ok thanks, but what if my hero dies? His transparency will be reseted..?
no... it will maintain its faded appearance.
The trigger is learns a skill and when my hero will revive the skill will already be learned... Btw i think that this think is bugged or something... I cr8ed an enemy force player 2 and i gave the skill to the hero and then changed its lvl to 4 and still didn't gave transparency.. Rly i need to test it multiplayer because singleplayer sux and doesn't work... Btw tnx for all your help, Eccho i will give u +rep for the help... ;)
then you did something wrong. These are my test triggers and they all worked properly.
(on the map I set a demon hunter owned by player blue and in lvl 10)

• Init
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Grant shared vision of Demon Hunter 0000 <gen> to Player 1 (Red)
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Hero - Learn skill for Demon Hunter 0000 <gen>: Evasion
  • Fade
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to Demon Hunter 0000 <gen>
    • Actions
      • Custom script: if not IsUnitAlly(GetTriggerUnit(), GetLocalPlayer()) then
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 75.00% transparency
      • Custom script: endif
      • -------- the next part is to check if it resets after dying, which it didnt! --------
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Hero - Instantly revive (Triggering unit) at (Center of (Playable map area)), Show revival graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.