• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

-refresh???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I gave my Character called Predator an ability that would add transparency to it called optical camouflage, but when it dies it comes without the transparency again, Ive seen this happens oftenly to mortred in DOTA, they fix it with a message on the chat box that says -refresh it gives her the transparency of the ability level she had. I think Blur is the name of the ability for MOrtred.

How do I make a trigger that solves this problem...?

Level 40
allright, just add a line to the end of you revive trigger that says

Code:
Unit-Set Unit Vertex Coloring to 100%, 100%, 100%,  Num*Level of Your Ability for Triggering Unit

if the unit does not have the ability, it will not refresh him ^.^

the only reason IceFrog didnt do this is because he probably knows less triggering than anyone here.

Level 17
what about puting it in the revival trigger?

Ok... i'll just see if i've got this right. It's like the fade/blur (or whatevr its called) ability in DotA, a permanent fade bonus? if that's the case, just do like this when revived:

If/Then/else
If - (think its integer^^) - (Dying Unit) has (Fade)
integer - level of (fade) for (Dying Unit) is equal to 5

then make unit transparency trigger fo that level and work yourself down to level 1 with If/then/else triggers starting on each else. If u wonder why i started with lvl 5 its because i found that sometimes the WE will reckognize an abilty as lvl 1 even if its 2 because the unit had it before. U don't have to check if the ability is level 1 with a condition since it is the last level, and no othher level will activate he effect. anyway it works better for me. hope i could help:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.