• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Transformation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok i'm making a new vampirism map and I wanted the survivor human to be able to turn into a survivor dark peon so I decided to make a custom ability for it. I based the ability off the Druid of the Claws bearform and put the alternate model as the peon. The peon is just a normal peon i just made him look black renamed him gave him all the abilities the human has and also all the stats. Well when I try to use this ability in game the icon changes to turn back into human like its suppose to but my guy gets stuck cant move cant use abilities cant do anything and doesnt change into the peon. So does anyone know what could be wrong with this? I will gladly let u dl the map from me on bnet if you can help.

Level 2
Is the unit going to stay in this morphed form for evver?
Or is he able to move back?
When will he get this ability?
Try this:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit dies
    • Conditions
    • Unit type of dying unit equal to "Your human"
    • Actions
    • Unit -Create 1 "New Unit" for Owner of Dying unit at Position of dying unit facing position of dying unit
Im not sure if thats that what you wanted to have and even
Im not sure if its working ,but i hope so.

Level 3
Ok first I wanted it to stay this way for a really long time say 25 minutes or longer and I had the duration time set to 3600 I changed duration time to 1.45 but it still didn't work it turned the human model a blackish blue like the peon is supposed to be but it didn't show the peon model and it could still move and stuff as if the game thought it was the peon but it won't show the model of the peon I also wanted the peon to be able to turn back into a human

Last edited:
Level 12
Well you could do this in triggers...
First Trig:

• Transform Peon
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Peoninze Me
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a Peon using The old unit's relative life and mana
Second Trig:
  • Transform Human
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Peasantize Me
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a Peasant using The old unit's relative life and mana
You need two seperate spells, or just one and give it to each, then add another condition that checks whether the unit is a peon or peasant, like this one

• Transform
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Animate Dead
    • Actions
      • If ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Peasant) then do (Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a Peon using The old unit's relative life and mana) else do (Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a Peasant using The old unit's relative life and mana)
Does any of those help at all?
NOTE: I did not do anything about leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.