• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Train Units Faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Is there a way to train units faster through a trigger? For example if you are training a footman, after 2 seconds, it would be at 90% progress.

The buildings, for sure I know that it's possible. I mean, you can use that construction progress trigger so that after two second, its at 90% completion.

Also, while I'm on this topic, is there a way to do the same for research?

Btw, I don't want to use object editor to change the time, cause I want to use like a mode that let me control how fast the game works.

Level 2
This might be the structure...i can't find an action :S

• Testing
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins training a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Footman
    • Actions

Level 4
Yes thats because there isn't one.

Can't you just change the units building time in the Object Editor ?

Well, the thing is, I wan to make different modes. So, if I want to use the object editor, i need to make the same unit over and over again with different building times, where if I use a trigger, I might be able to just set it to build quickly.

Level 29
Sadly there isn't any other solution :wsad:

Unless, you can make the building time really short and then change the time of triggers.

Every 3 sec / fast mode
Every 7 sec / normal mode

Etc.

This won't look good if the players have control of the building though, but it does let you make one unit instead of each for each mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.