• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tower Placement Range Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi, I'm wondering how to set other buildings to show their range when being built such as photon cannon (before you place it you get white arrows in a circle representing it's range like the siege tank)

thanks

Level 5
go to View -> Show Terrain -> Show Range (Shift + O)

I'm assuming you mean in the editor*

edit: dammit, I swear that worked for me before. Sorry for the misinformation.

2nd Edit: It turns out that I'm not entirely crazy, Show Power shows the range of stuff like pylons, I confused this for building range. :(

Level 3
Where is show power?

To clarify, in game if you build a photon cannon, while you are selecting where to place it, it shows a white circle around it representing its range.

Siege Tanks in siege mode do this too.

Level 5
Show Power is part of the same area in the Editor that Show Range is located.

It's irrelavent to your problem however, and after comparing the Siege Tank and Photon Cannon I couldn't locate anything that's a dead giveaway. I also took a look at the Sensor Tower, and again nothing is jumping out at me.

I have a feeling that there might be something in the Events+ of the actor, but I'll look into it tomorrow if someone else hasn't fixed your problem by then.

Good night, sorry I couldn't help you more.

Level 3
I tried that and it didn't work. (Yes, Beam is the filler name for a weapon for one of my towers)

towerrange.png

Nothing shows up when placing the tower except for the phantom image.

Level 9
hope this is not a bad thing if i answer to this "ols" post
after you have created your towerattack range you still have to add this to the placement actor. there are all base defensives, just add your tower there and change it to your towerattackrange.

Status
Not open for further replies.