• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Tournament System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hei.. I need a help, i want to create a map with a tournament system. I want to create this in GUI. So, 1 of all, I want to create a countdown timer that expires in 270 second. If the timer is expires. all teams will set in the tournament field. and If the tournament is end, all units (if still alive) will move back to default position before the tournament. and the dead units will revived in their post (like battle stadium). But i don't know anything about this, so can anyone help me? almost forgot, the team winner will get 1000 gold to each player in that team.

Level 4
wow thats alot of things..
is the Countdown Timer starting when the map initializates?
try this to start off:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/upwards-counting-timer-175541/
You just need to put - instead of + and changes the numbers to what you want.
To move your heroes i suggest you to set them into a Unit Group variable and use this function:
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in YourGroup and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
anyways i dont think anyone will help you that much because you are asking too many things, and we dont have any idea of your GUI or JASS knowledge.
Check the Tutorial that we got here :)

Level 11
I'm not gona make the whole tourny thing for you but use this to get all the units ex-positions.

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Tourny expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set position = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Hashtable - Save Handle Ofposition as 0 of (Key (Picked unit)) in Hashtable
Now that it is saved use this for loading the positions.
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TournyGroup and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Set position = (Load 0 of (Key (Picked unit)) in Hashtable)
        • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to position

Status
Not open for further replies.