• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I thought this topic could be a good discussion, just post your various tricks and tips and stuff. ^^

Smite
Works with Spellvamp, so you could use it to heal your self.

Teleport
Not only can it be used on Wards and Teemo's Mushrooms, it can also be used on other players pets like Tibbers

Level 16
Teleport
Not only can it be used on Wards and Teemo's Mushrooms, it can also be used on other players pets like Tibbers

Using it on Jarvan's flag is actually way more funny.

EDIT: okay, but here is one from me, according to one of the most underrated item:

Quicksilver Sash
Keep in mind that you can use this item any time and any place (unless it's on cooldown, of course). This removes every CC, every DoT, every debuff, all kind of debuffs. You can escape stuns, slows, snares using it, you can cleanse ignite, various dot's, anything you want.
The only thing it doesn't cancel is Karthus' ultimate.

Skillshots
There are certain champions, that have one ore more skillshot which gives him/her some sort of a buff, just like Cassiopeia's Noxious Blast, or Ezreal's whole skillset. You can use them to check brushes before entering it, so you don't have to facecheck them (well, facechecking is a bad idea in general, I'd just ignore that brush and go away if I wouldn't be sure it's safe)

Stealthed Champions & Katarina Ultimate
I'm sure you know that you can't use Katarina's ultimate unless there's at least enemy chempion nearby. If you can't see an enemy close to you and your ultimate suddenly becomes available, that means a stealthed champion is somewhere around you. Even tho' they're invisible, this ability will target them, just like they'd be visible. The same goes to Soraka's Starcall, Morgana's ultimate, Evelynn's Hate Spike.

Stealthed champions can also get hit by skillshots. If you fire Ezreal's Mystic Shot and it suddenly stops, that means that it collidied with an invisible enemy.

Spell Vampirism
Spell Vampirism works on every damage dealt by your spells, doesn't matter its damage type. Ashe's Volley will heal Ashe if she's under the effect of a Will of the Ancients. Note that Area of Effect and Damage over Time spells will heal equal to 33% of the dealt damage.

Items with Aura
Aura Items (just like Will of the Ancients, Stark's Fervor) stacks on their wearers. If you have a WotA and you go close to one of your mate that has one too, you and your mate will have its aura effect doubled. Note that this stacks up to a maximum of 2 times.

---

I think that's all for now. Not that much, however new players might find them useful.

Level 11
If you have a lot of trouble against her then:
Laning
Buy boots and 3 pots and try to use a non-pattern movement to confuse her harassment, then take the advantage of your boots and charge whenever you get the chance of victory. And ofc never face check the bushes, there will always be a trap inside them.
Mid/Late Game
Never take her damage for granted as her passive + crit gives her a lvl 1 ashe burst throughout the whole game, cc her if possible. Or you take the easy path and buy Thornmail + Randuim's Omen for late game.

Level 11
Ok so with the new Vladimir skin being loose id figure people will start to main him again and there for I present:

vladimir.png
The Anti-Vladimir Guide
(Extra short version)

Underline = Category
Green = Items
Cyan = Spells

Laning

What Vladimir will do:
Transfusion Is Vladimir's main harrasing tool in lane as it gives him life back and doesn't cost any health, thus making a counter attack less damaging to him.
If he is over aggressive he will do a Q+E+W combo with the purpose of killing you as fast as possible with the cost of his own health.

What you will do:
If he goes with Transfusion all the time you simply try to land 2 or more spells back on him (or auto-attacks if you are an AD champion).
If he tries to do his aggresive combo you should first stay out of his Sanguine Pool as much as possible as it heals more if you are in it but you must be quick to follow him after it has ended and nuke him with your attacks before retreating. This way he should loose more hp than you did.

Mid/Late Game

When the ganks starts you must be aware of how slippery Vladimir can be and thus you must wait with your cc until he has used up his Sanguine Pool, if you do not intend to kill Vladimir early in ganks then Silencing him is very effective to stop him and maybe even cause him to panic press W. Also dealing sustained can prove to be very effective against him.
Never use projectile cc on him since its easier for him to time in his escape
simply, don't be an Ashe.

Hemoplague is a very effective gank ultimate, correctly used its more dangerous than Galio or Amumu's ultimates because of the debuff it applies.
Countering it can be done with Quicksilver Sash and Zhonya's Hourglass, both are very effective against it but if you're not an AP champion then you will definitely go with Quicksilver Sash as it not only gives you good Magic Resist but it also removes his Ultimate upon usage.
Zhonya's Hourglass is a good item if you are an Ap champion, use it with a little pause after he casts R and you won't suffer the damage ^^

Counter Items

Primary items: Quicksilver Sash Generaly the best. Zhonya's Hourglass, good if you're AP and need to care for their AD carry.
Effective items: Force of Nature, awesome MR and movement, good for chasing him. Hexdrinker, if you are low on money and need more damage as AD.
Not so effective: Banshee's Veil, this simply wont work great since he will spam out abilities. Mercury's Treads, he don't have any cc and the MR is to low to.

However, if you're up against an Vladimir who is both fed and very experienced there ain't much you can do =)
GL & HF

Level 11
Continuous
Starting Items
Vladimir got different starting items depending on his laning style, he mostly buys Health Potions and one of the 3 following items:

Boots is mostly used for aggressive harrasing in the lane (Q+E+W style) but lowers his general effectiveness in lane, do not buy boots and you can out match him in damage.
Amplifying Tome to boost his Q, generally the most harmless starting setup but its aimed to get him an early Hextech Revolver which will really f*** things up for you so take advantage while you still can, after he bought it there is no return and your counter harras won't harm him.
Regrowth Pendant, ok this is a tricky one as it is either used for hp Vladimir (half tank/half mage) or just to boost his laning capability. Either way it allows him to stay in lane longer and to spam his Tides of Blood which is bad for you as he will regenerate a lot and boost his aggressive harras combo.

Level 16
I wouldn't worry about that. You know, there are many reasons why I've only seen exactly one Vladimir in the last few months (that one was in the Vladimir free week)

And well, speaking of Anti-X Guides, your avatar deserves one as well (and even Cassiopeia; but she isn't popular in normals either and ranked players how to deal with her)

Level 5
HI guys as you know i have a few favourite Champs :3
here as some tips for alistaralistar:he is pure brute strength and health and defence
so i have for tips for items and abilities

Items:as you already know hes a tank
use 4 of these items and youll be Legendary
boots of mobility,trinity force,Madred's Bloodrazor,Phantom Dancer,Sword of the Divine,Stark's Fervor

ablities: alistars headbut is very dangerous it does large amounts of damage
and you can do a trick:in every lane theres grass hide in grass,wait for ,champ ,let him go past you,till near turret headbutt him to oblivion and past the turret,the turret will automaticly switch to the targeted champ and shoot away ,if hes dead you will get the kill
hahahaha im new if that sucks but i always am legendary in my games :p

Level 11
New tip: Flash

EDIT: Sometimes Flash can be buggy, if it does it will cause you to get aggro on creeps in the jungle the same way as Ezrael's Arcane Shift spell does. I heard from a couple on guys that it used to be just like Arcane Shift but its not confirmed.

Keep this in mind when flashing over to Nashor, but most of the times you probably got Sunfire Cape on or Mordekaiser's Creeping Death buff on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.