• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Timers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Question 1: Isn't there any search function here? sorry I'm new here

Question 2: How would you attach units to timers? Can I get the format, I'm just self study in jass and still a newbie:grin:.. I wanted to make my spells MUI so I shouldn't use globals.. I mean, you create a timer, store a unit/anything to it, run the timer and you're stored unit is there.. I just can't get it to work :angry:

Tnx guyz

Level 8
You can do that... Um. You will need to store the unit data in the game cache... OR well thats how I would do it and it would still be MUI. I use CS_CACHE which has several such functions.

You will need. Dam. I can't remember how to store data in the Game Cache. But you will do it like this..

You will need to create a game chache and set the variable gamecache to the game cache you created

then your functions:

JASS:
function H2I takes handle h returns integer 
return h
return 0
endfunction

function AttachObject takes handle h, string s, handle h2 returns nothing
if h2==null then
call FlushStoredInteger(gamechache,I2S(H2I(h)),s)
else
call StoreInteger(gamechache,I2S(H2I(h)),s,H2I(h2))
endif
endfunction

function GetAttachedUnit takes handle h, string s returns unit
return GetStoredInteger(gamechache,I2S(H2I(h)),s)
return null
endfunction

This allows you to attach a unit on a time by calling AttachObject the handle is the thing you attach your variable too. This "thing" can be any unit, timer, destructable, trigger .... Secondly you have a string. This is your "save name" in a way and is used later on. Lastly you have the unit you are attaching.
Now how to use in your example:

JASS:
function Timer take nothing returns nothing
local timer t=GetExpiredTimer()
local unit u=GetAttachedUnit(t,"u") // Gets the attached unit saved under "u"
call AttachObject(t,"u",null) // This deletes the attached unit
endfunction

function SpellCast takes nothing returns nothing
local unit u=GetSpellAbilityUnit()
local timer t=CreateTimer()
call StartTimer(t,2,false,function Timer)
call AttachObject(t,"u",u) // Stores a unit under u on the target
endfunction

Umm. I hope you understand since my explanation is quite crappy.

Status
Not open for further replies.