• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Thumbnail Art and About Some Variable Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
1-) I need to edit Map Thumbnail art. I did the Loading Screen thing but that doen't seem to affect thumbnail one. I searched the forum but i could'nt find anything useful.
2-) Does SFX, Integer, Real variables leak? If they do, how do we fix them?
3-) We use variable for "triggering unit" for a ability cast. So if don't null the value of the variable after we use it, is it going to leak? Of course you will say "yes" but what i mean is; if variable is created for a spellcast; it will be used over and over again. And what is the point of setting it to null if we are going to appoint the same variable to another value again?? What happens technically if we don't null them?? Will they crowd together in Memory as lots of lines as "Variable = Triggering Unit" written over and over again or will they overwrite the last of it each time a variable is appointed to the same name with same value?? (No need to null a variable if it works like that i guess)
4-)
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 600.00 of (Position of Swiftstriker)) and do (Set Swiftstriker_Target = (Picked unit))
What that means anyway? Pick evey unit in 600 range and store all of them to a single "unit" variable?!!
Swiftstriker_Target is a unit variable.
5-) What is the difference between (Unit is a structure not equal to true) and (Unit is a structre equal to false) ?? If same, what is the point of having them both in trigger editor=
There are lots of questions that are maddening me with WE, i will keep asking them in time :)

Last edited:
Level 9
5/ Yes, it'is the same thing. And there is a very good reason for having both "not equal to <boolean>" and <equal to <boolean>". Just think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.