• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

This is so dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
In fact, im kinda sick of these comments as i roll out my bank card to pay out another £25 to run the domain its hosted off of. (no it isnt this one)

Each time i asked for suggestions etc i never had any so i gave up asking.

I can't be bothered to keep re-typing it all so refer back to these links:

ROTG-Hows it going and whats next? - Requiem Of The Gods

-Rotg's status
I suppose I should let you all know, ive landed a job and will now be working 40 hours a week.
What this basically means is I have a lot less time to dedicated to the map and its progress in general,
However, because basically the core gameplay of the map is finished and wont ever change now in any major way (i.e no new entire game modes or any drastic changes to the way it plays) this isnt that much of a problem as balance revsions are very fast and easy to program if you know exactly what values you want, so for example if youve decided to make a weapon cheaper/spell do less damage you can do that in seconds.

So im not saying there isnt going to be any future updates to the map because if people want one there will be.

What I am saying is I no longer have 30-50 hours a week to dedicate to coaching players one by one on the game and hosting 5-10 games a day where I only referee, My off time now is MY time and so I wanna be playing in it.

So, the site luckily is basically finished so its just running the forum and I don't mind doing that and the flow of new versions is going to slow drastically as frankly apart from balance revisions and the odd bug fix theres nothing wrong with the current version and its perfectly playable.

At the end of the day, ive been doing ROTG related stuff for two years now and iv'e actually been paying for the priviledge of hosting teh download for the players to keep the webhost up and I simply cant afford to be spending my entire time devoting myself to a project purely for other peoples enjoyment while I recieve nothing in return, its not realistic.

What I am saying is, ive created ROTG and its site and kickstarted what would be the core of a very large and succesful gaming community, theres not a lot more I can do, the rest is up to you so its time for you guys to work out amongst yourselves wether you want to put your time into pushing this forward and i'll give you all the support I can do.

So I think the time has finally arrived to turn the future of the ROTG map over to the players and to let you guys think about the changes you want to see and happen instead of spending all my nights trying to drag feedback out of people and its about time you organised how to play the game on your own without waiting for me to come online and host it.

I have enjoyed making ROTG, look forward to seeing what happens with it, hope very much it will become popular and will continue to come here on a daily basis to check the forums and play some games here and there, so this isnt the end, its the beginning of taking the map out of devlopment and into the players where it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.