• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Third-Person Real-Time Strategy Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi everyone, I basically came up with an idea about a third-person real-time strategy system that I had recently. The map is not completely finished, so excuse me for that, but since it is a prototype concept, it may have some errors.

The idea is not only that the camera targets a unit in a normal game, it implements detonators for the day and night cycle, unit training limits, constructions that can be rotated wherever you want, decorations, setting up camps.
In this map the main objective is to get gold as soon as possible if you do not want the enemy to defeat you, start by killing creeps and then get a gold mine, remember that human enemies are present near your main camp.

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

Check the attached file.

-You need to know-
-----------------

-On this map she only plays with the Orcs.

-Melee AI can be difficult with this prototype

-Use the arrow keys to rotate your camera in any direction.

-When you build, the structure faces the camera. To rotate a construction, simply select the structure and use the left and right arrow keys.

- There is a construction area limit, which is implemented by a bonfire or the main building, if there is not one of those structures, it will not be possible to build more in the area.

-The rally point of a specific trained unit does not exist, they automatically move to a random point around a campfire, if there is no campfire there will be no random rally point.

-Structures such as: the watch tower or the Great Hall can be built outside the limit of the construction area, as well as decorative objects that workers can place.

-A number x of units that are selected, depends on the level x of the hero in the selection, so when selecting more units, they are automatically removed from the selection.

-You cannot select more than one hero in a recent selection, each hero has its own group.

-The player's units can sleep, as long as he is not a hero and does not have an order.

-If you kill any peaceful creature, you will restore a little life to your units.

-Go to the game settings and uncheck Always show health bars as it looks very bad when you rotate the camera.

-The moment you attack an enemy base, you will start listening to battle music, it may not work at the right time.

-Things that need to be fixed-
-----------------------

-When you are going to take out a new hero, the limit of the unit can be affected by its low level.

-Things I plan to implement-
-----------------------

- Just like you can rotate a structure where we want, I plan to add a shape so that we can change the flight height of a flying unit.

-It would be a better gameplay if you could handle the rotation of the camera with the mouse, but I can't find something that changes the default functionality.

The file size is too heavy because you edit unit and structure models.

Thank you

Attachments

• 01.png
    01.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 45
  • 02.png
    02.png
    2 MB · Views: 72
  • 03.png
    03.png
    2 MB · Views: 34
  • 04.png