• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] The text color in UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
You have to scroll down on the last list where the text subcategories begin to show up, that's where you can change mostly texts for damage and armor and such. Usually it'll be more like text - general - damage or something and that's how you can tell it's related to the text damage in the unit panel. You'll have to experiment which field changes what text and figure it out yourself, but game interface is where you can almost change anything interface.

Level 6
I've done it before... it is definitely possible. Maybe the text color you're inserting doesn't work properly, or you're inserting it in a wrong field? I don't have WE on this laptop and am too lazy to install, but if you do really need help I can get around to it.

Level 6
There's a way to change the text color. But I don't see the way to change the color of the base damage value.

Oh now you specified that. Because damage and damage value are different, and we assumed you were saying the former. But, no, I don't think it's possible to change that part's color at least.

Level 6
You mean like Critical Strike?

No, the damage values (like 49-56) in the unit's damage card, that tells you how much damage you can deal. I don't think it's possible to change that text color, and the critical strike damage value color is hardcoded anyway unless you trigger it with some alternative damage system.

Level 4
Truly, the real purpose of this topic was to detect if is it possible to get rid of that text. But I have not enough language skills to describe it properly.

Nevertheless I've found solution. All you need - is to edit the font and clean up all symbols, import it and configure Game Interface. That's all. Though I'm not a font expert and I'm not sure about if is there (in some font editors) a way to configure a color.

Attachments

• sample_0002.png
    sample_0002.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.