• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Secret Curse I

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is my first cinematic map I uploaded. Hope you will enjoy it. This is the first part of a cinematic line, so this first cinematic will be continued soon ...

The first part of the cinematic line The Secret Curse is about two footmen on patrol. The two footmen will be stunned by the strange events in this cursed forest ...

Keywords:
Dark Forest, Tension, Darkness, Blood, Lost.
Contents

The Secret Curse I (Map)

Reviews
23:30, 21st Jan 2011 -Kobas-: Map Status: Rejected Broken Rules: (Map) Presentation Comment

M

23:30, 21st Jan 2011
-Kobas-:
Map Status: Rejected
Broken Rules:
(Map) Presentation
Comment

Well cinematic is very short so you can't make description for it, you will explain all :D
Terrain need a little improvement (you know make some smaller trees, import some doodads and so on)

Camera moves through trees, grrr that is bad, move it above or around them!

Maybe some different models instead of footman! But we don't know whole story so that can be ok :D

Gj on first cinematic, my mark in old days 2/5!

Level 22
Alright, so I checked out the cinematic.

The terrain needs to be improved a lot. Use more doodad variation, like shrub, mushrooms, more rocks, etc (and fog, custom music, weather effects for a better atmosphere).
Cameras need some work. Like Kobas said, make sure you don't let the camera go through any doodads, but around them.
Another problem is disappearing destructables, which happens when you give them a big scaling value, and get too close with your camera.
Grammar needs some work as well.

For a first cinematic it's alright though. I give it a 3/5.
Keep practicing.

Moderation

The Secret Curse I
Created by Darksider ; Uploaded by: Darksider

Grrr you was warned about map description!
Also I suggested few things to improve as well!
Because there is no any kind of story, camera work is bad, and few other for now less important things I can reject your map.

Map status: Rejected

Broken Rules:
(Map) Presentation
Thread Cleaned:
/