• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Campaign] The Four Horsemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
The Four Horsemen Campaign
Death's End
Made by: BronzeOregon
Category: Campaign

The campaign you currently gaze upon is The Four Horsemen Campaign. The storyline is as follows. As one of the last Human settlements on H'ondaer, your very survival was a gift each day. However, when Orcs from the southern plains attacked a small village to the south, your forces went forth, bent on Conquest. After this, a group of Dark Forces convene and decide to bring Hell and War to this world. After this, the Undead destroy a large quantity of basic goods, bringing Famine, and as the last scene draws to a close, Death's cold hand is felt across the world.

Currently, I have an advanced terraining and unit placement of War's Mission, and the actual map of Conquest's mission is finished.

If anyone's interested, please feel free to bug me.

The current features will include Heroes who advance to level 25, with extremely powerful abilities, able to turn the tide of even the bleakest battle. People intrested in testing will not be turned away.
As to my progress, Conquest has spread across H'ondaer. War follows, and atrocities abound.

The Archangel Death, Pale Rider of Endday's coming was not an evil figure. He gave the mortal races their unique gift, a quick transition through the Glorious Gate, and into the Kingdom Eternal. Death was also not as he was represented amongst his brethren, as his role was never to bring death to the mortals, but rather to the unyielding immortal races. However, even his powers were foretold to be futile against the Darkness that would come when Humanity was pushed to the brink of its survival, and the dead walked again. There will be no hope in this day, when Death and Darkness clash over the fate of the world.
-Ancient H'ondaer religious text

227648-albums6262-picture67742.jpg
In game shot.

227648-albums6262-picture67782.jpg

227648-albums6262-picture67904.jpg

Last edited:
Level 30
Welcome to the hive and congratulations for you very first project... maybe. I advise you to use BB Codes to make your thread attractive. Overall, your game is doing great and it has quite a simple and interesting story. I love simplicity in the game. Here's a +2 REP for a quite good start. Good luck!

Level 14
Well every project has to start somewhere. The story could definitely be interesting. As far as your thread goes, I would take some time to add things to it like features, screenshots, and gameplay info. More people will be interested if you have more information. Good luck on your project!

Level 4
Edits are coming nicely. Crappy terraining, will fix that when I get to a total beta. War will probably be everyone's favorite chapter. Lots of destruction in that one.

Level 30
Seen your screenshot. You can mix some different tiles to make it attractive and give different scaling sizes to the trees so they all dont look same. The tile you used in the terrain is quite unfitting, use dirt and Rough Dirt as a combination maybe. ALso, it i quite empty for an environment. Put up some doodads such as rocks, grasses to make your environment much more realistic.

Level 4
Yeah, at the moment, the whole thing was triggers and such. Now I'm going back and editing my terrain. Didn't want to redo the whole blizz-cliff mountain, though. So, it stays for the first mission. The second already looks neater.

Level 30
Another fine terrain but as I said add some rocks into it or some grasses for it still look rather empty. And BETA? Not to offense but you should still continue on improving the terain and also BETA too soon? You mean ALPHA?

BETA - are maps that is complete and just needs bug fixing

ALPHA - are maps that is incomplete and needs feedback to improve it.

You know there are difference to this two game PHASES.

Level 4
Right, ALPHA. I get them confused. The map is in BETA. The Campaign is in ALPHA.
Thank you for the feedback as well. I will definitely make it more Rocky. It'll soon resemble a boxing match.
The map is complete, as critical gameplay goes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.