• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Darksiders - Wrath of the Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
darksidersm.png

Poodercakes
11 players
Survival
Note: This is only a general idea at the moment. Many more details will be added!!!!!!!

"Since the dawn of time, the armies of Heaven and Hell have waged an endless war. Drawn to the conflict was the Charred Council, an entity bound by ancient laws to preserve order and balance. It held that any great power, unchecked, threatened the very fabric of the universe. In time, Heaven and Hell came to honor the council and its laws, for none were beyond the swift and terrible justice of the Council's enforcers. A fearsome brotherhood, known as the Four Horsemen. Amid the turmoil, the first humans emerged. The Council foretold that these weak and cunning creatures would someday be integral to the Balance. Thus, a Third Kingdom was named - The Kingdom of Man. By order of the Council, a truce was forged between Heaven and Hell. The great pact was bound by Seven Seals, to be broken at the appointed time, when Man's Kingdom stood ready for the Endwar - a battle that would bring balance and determine the ultimate fate of the three kingdoms."

PRESENT: A traitor has broken the pact forged long ago, and the Endwar has begun prematurely, before the Kingdom of Man was ready. The Four Horsemen; War, Strife, Fury and Death, have been set loose upon the lands of Earth, with all the forces of Heaven and Hell waging their war in the meantime. The many bastions of human power have fallen, with much of the population being turned to slaves and cattle for the warring demons. Soon the human race will fall. A small group of humans seem to have defied logic and evaded capture or death by either forces fighting for dominance, in addition to the Horsemen. They are determined to survive this apocalypse, but things seem pretty damn bleak. War, the red rider, has been falsely accused of breaking the seals, and thus ending the kingdom of Man. Knowing that their brother would never do such a thing, the other horsemen are greatly angered, and together the riders of the apocalypse will wreak havoc on all whom they believe to have wronged them.

This is a survival-styled map based around the traditional apocalypse - Hell on earth and all that. The name is obviously derived from the game; Darksiders, which follows the paths of the four horsemen, War, Strife, Fury and Death. However the history is not the same.

Anyways, this map revolves around a group of humans who are on the run from many foes - Angels, Demons, and the dreaded Horsemen. Things seem pretty hopeless, but it is up to you and your friends to survive, and perhaps even end the conflict.

Players will need to utilize materials acquired throughout the map to construct things such as items, defenses, and buildings.

Size: 224x224 - Huge
Stage: Work underway.

A simple hunger/thirst/energy system.
This is my main source of concern at the moment. Advice on whether or not this is a good idea would be great.

Basic Gameplay:
Teamwork!: Unless you are very good, chances are that you will not survive on your own. Work together with the other humans to survive the Apocalypse and drive the invaders back.
Angels and Demons: They will be fighting constantly throughout the map, and both have a great hatred for the other; use this to your advantage.
The Horsemen: They are the most formidable of your enemies. My advice to you would be to run from them in early-game.
[td][/td] [td][/td]

darksiders-9.jpg
And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another. And there was given unto him a great sword." ~ Revelation 6:4
He is the youngest of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse, an Old One Nephilim.

While not much is known about him, it is established that he was feared by both angels and demons, and hinted that he shares unpleasant histories with many. Even the Charred Council is somewhat wary of War, and was at one point defied by the horseman. A small army sent by the council to retrieve War was easily slaughtered before the other horsemen had to step in. During this, War showed his strength by attacking the other three, and somewhat defeating Fury. Death, who is almost invulnerable to physical damage apparently (evidenced by the fact that he was stabbed by Chaoseater without showing pain, then the stab wound healing almost instantly) was next attacked by War. No match for the senior horseman, Death cut off half of War's arm, subduing him. The half of his arm was later replaced by War's Gauntlet.

darksiders_wrath_of_war_conceptart_8s8NA.jpg

Fury is an Old One. She is also one of the last of the Nephilim and Horsewoman of the Apocalypse,
replacing the traditional horseman Famine/Pestilence. Fury wields a fiery whip as her weapon, and can also use claws
to tear at her enemies. The name of Fury's horse is unknown as
are her whereabouts.

strife___darksiders_by_dastan_prince-d3ig4ts.jpg

Strife is an Old One Nephilim and Horseman of the Apocalypse, replacing the traditional horseman Conquest. His whereabouts are unknown.
One of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, Strife is the Rider of the White Horse. Strife does not waste time when it comes to business, and will make examples of people to teach a lesson. This is evidenced by how he silenced the demonic hordes who taunted the horsemen as they delivered a message to Samael, by severing the leg of one of the demons who yelled "Kill the horsemen!".

darksiders-2-death-horseman.jpg

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth." ~ Revelation 6:8

Death is an Old One (one of the Nephilim) and a Horseman of the Apocalypse. He wields a scythe called The Harvester which War can acquire during Darksiders; wears a black robe and has a skeletal physique. Death's whereabouts are unknown. He is commonly known as the Grim Reaper and is separate to the Angel of Death Azrael. His steed's name is unknown. It is also speculated that death is invulnerable to most attacks, having even survived an attack from War's sword, and it is also revealed that he is the one who cut off War's arm which is replaced with the gauntlet. Death is presumably the oldest Horseman.

Tell me what you guys think :) In the meantime, I will be working on this.

~Poodercakes

Last edited:
Level 8
Okay, 1st Post...
A Survival map eh? I;m not the biggest fan of this genre but your's look cool. The hunger system sounds cool but maybe you should emphasize more on the hero customization. (A simple hunger system would be to make the unit lose some hp over a period of time, like every minute so that he will have to forage food or hunt) The images look cool, but do you have the models? Well, maybe you should reveal a bit more... It's in a post-apocalyptic world so the terrain should be barren.. creep count should be low... Anyway, good luck!

+Rep to boost you!
Subscribed!

Level 3
Okay, 1st Post...
A Survival map eh? I;m not the biggest fan of this genre but your's look cool. The hunger system sounds cool but maybe you should emphasize more on the hero customization. (A simple hunger system would be to make the unit lose some hp over a period of time, like every minute so that he will have to forage food or hunt) The images look cool, but do you have the models? It's in a post-apocalyptic world so the terrain should be barren.. creep count should be low...

I will definitely look at making hero customization more in-depth too.
I have the models for the four horsemen, and I am working on Strife as I type this xD

Also, it isn't necessarily post-apocalyptic, the story begins at the moment that the seals are broken and all hell breaks loose (excuse the fail pun, haha) There will be demons and angels in addition to the horsemen ravaging the land - Well that was the idea, anyway :p

Status
Not open for further replies.