• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] The custom spell didnt work because of trigger problem (i m newbie)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I need a help regarding to the custom spell...i follow a tutorial in youtube to import the custom spell to my map....when i start the map,the pop up said failed to start because of triggered problem (something like that)...when i start the game game,the spell is exist but when i try to use it,nothing and the spell didnt worked...can anybody help me untill i succeceded ??...i have tried so many ways...youtube,this site forum,google...everything didnt work...

Level 39
If the spell uses vJASS you can't just press "Test Map" any more. The Test Map button doesn't compile the triggers, so the map won't be able to start. Save it first with Ctrl+S and then you can test map until you make any changes to the triggers and have to save again.

If that's not the problem, then please post your triggers here (right click > "copy as text" > past here between [trigger][/trigger] tags).

Level 2
These are among the problem that i faced

Attachments

• 20161202_184441.jpg
    20161202_184441.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 62
Level 39
You need to make sure that "Automatically create unknown variables while pasting trigger data" is checked in Preferences. Then import the custom spells again.
I have tried this method....didnt work for me
Are you sure? I was able to import it just fine without problems, and not creating the variables would cause exactly the kind of problem you showed. Delete all versions of the trigger first and then re-paste the triggers. Check to make sure the variables were created.

Level 2
Are you sure? I was able to import it just fine without problems, and not creating the variables would cause exactly the kind of problem you showed. Delete all versions of the trigger first and then re-paste the triggers. Check to make sure the variables were created.
I have tried 3 custom spell...and all of them is failed.....is my world editor that having a problem ??

Level 39
What and where is the variable...since this is my first time,i didnt know where and what is it
Literally any and all variables used by the spell. They are in many of the lines of code and usually start with "VS_" for that spell you linked. Look at a couple of the lines of the configuration trigger, for example, and you'll see stuff like Set VS_Loop = 0.03. VS_Loop is a variable that should have been created. It should be a real-type variable in the variable editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.