• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Civilizations of Northrend

Status
Not open for further replies.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Aye, this is a summary for a story I'm writing. We have a paladin called Anaya Lightcarver, one of the few survivors of the Loarderon campaign in Northrend (Wc3 ROC). Her method of escaping the undead was to hide in the wild unexplored regions of the continent. After two years spent in the wilderness, her brethren have become excellent hunters/survival experts. But after a vision sent by the blue dragon aspect Malygos himself, Anaya is once again chased by the Scourge and involved in a conflict between the Nerubian lords, the Lich King, the Blue Dragonflight, and an Old God.
(Was planning on making a campaign off this, but... laziness won that battle)
Any ideas/suggestions/criticism are welcome.

Level 9
First, I would suggest to you to learn about Northrend and its history as much as you can.
Second, I didn’t understand why the scourge is after Anaya, why this vision is so important for the Lich King? I need to know more details before I can give you any assistance…

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Quite right you are. I'm afraid in my pursuit of making my summary short enough I missed a couple of details.
Well 1st of all, the Scourge is after everybody. That's Ner'zhul's nature. I think that if he saw a human in his lands his first thought would be: "Ah.. another ghoul for my collection." Anaya is simply a pest in the way of the Scourge's march.
Second, he has no idea of the vision. And its importance is strictly to Anaya and her followers, as she sees an opportunity to go home.
I am afraid revealing more might ruin the reader's pleasure since the story is intended to be full of unexpected turns and twists.

Level 9
Ok…
Your story isn’t fitting to Warcraft time line: the assault of Arthas on Northrend took place at 25 ATFW (after the first war) and only 3 years after that Arthas became the Lich King… so it is impossible that the story taking place 2 years after the assault…
And because you are refusing to tell more details about the story in order to keep it a surprise, I can't be much of a help for you… sorry.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Ah see, you actually were of great help.
I forgot how many years after Arhtas's campaign the transformation happened. That was actually my biggest problem. Now that I know the correct times, I have to edit that 2 years to 4 (making it more logical for Anaya to get used to the weather and stuff).
Eventually, I might update this post with the first couple of chapters (after some polishing).
Thx anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.