• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The BNet worst nightmare for map maker : "CANNOT HOST"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Many of you may had/have or will experience this problem... Yeah most of us can't host on the Battle Net. And for map maker as me, this is a nightmare or a pain for us. We need friend to host games and they don't always can. So if anyone that have/had this problem know anything about how to host! You are very very very very welcome to share this information on this post to help many.

Level 36
Yes, its unfortunate. But unless you have a static IP, your router doesn't know where to send the information that is required for hosting. If your IP is fixed statically then it knows exactly where to send it, allowing you to host. If you still can't host, be sure to disable Windows Firewall. I tried everything and couldn't host but when I disabled that bitch I can host all I want. Dunno bout now since I haven't hosted since I got my new router, but yeah Port Forward is the best place to go.

Level 7
Well, that is what I got:

The [3] will not allow you to forward enough ports, to run [4]. You should try using the DMZ portion of this router if it is available. Alternatively you can try switching the router to bridged mode. You will need to contact your ISP to switch to bridged mode, so they can make the required changed on their end.

Level 18
1-Maybe, but if you have a software firewall as well as a router then don't worry.
2-No idea, things like this are generally specific to your router.

Oh and brad, as I'm running cable I have a dynamic IP address that changes every time I log in and also every five minutes, and yet I can port forward fine, the router knows where your PCs are, it's just a matter of allowing externals pcs access to the ports going to the correct internal pc.

And also, even if you have a dynamic IP you can set up a stable IP adress.

-*meow*

Status
Not open for further replies.