• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The best of the Hive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Best of the Hive!

:fp: Welcome to BOTH!

What is BOTH?
BOTH (Best of the Hive(Workshop)) is a type of contest to pick the BEST Spell makers, System makers, Icon makers, Skinners, Model makers and Terrainers!

What is the purpose of BOTH?
The purpose is to make the BEST map on Warcraft! I will pick the best Hive users (the best Warcraft Editors to be found) and make a awesome map!

What type of "contest" is this?
I will make 6 categories:

1. Spell makers - Mission: Create a new spell and send it to me. The 2 best spell makers will be accepted to the project! The spells must off course be MUI and Leakless.
  2. System makers - Mission: Create a system. The system must be really good and work perfect with some nice details! The 2 best system makers will be accepted to the project!
  3. Icon makers - Mission: Create a new awesome Icon! It can be just about anything, a spell, a weapon or a unit. The 2 best icon makers will be accepted to the project!
  4. Skin makers - Mission: Create a new custom skin! The skin must look smooth and fine! The 2 best skin makers will be accepted to the project (any skin for any type of unit can be made)!
  5. Model makers - Mission: Create a new model! The model must have lots of working animations and smooth once! You can create a model of anything, a weapon, unit or building. The 2 best model makers will be accepted to the project!
  6. Terrain makers - Mission: Create a new Playable terrain! Take a screenshot or send the map to me. The map must be 100% playable with awesome terrain. Imported files are allowed (max 15 imports). The 2 best terrain makers will be accepted to the project!
What type of map will this become?
That is something we 13 (the 12 that wins the contest + me) will talk about. I think it will either become a RPG or AOS type of map.

Other Information:
The contest will be between 20th July to the 25th of August the winners will be notified the 30th of August. So, you have more than a month to create your resource. I am already working on a website where the team will have discussions and where fans can come and see how far we have come on the project.

Contest Rules:
You must create a 100% new resource, one that has never been seen on the hive or any other website or project before! You are only allowed to enter with 1 resource in 1 theme (you can only make for example; 1 icon not 2, if you make a icon, you cannot make a spell etc). You are not allowed to work with someone more in your resource, 1 resource, 1 user.

In the contest:

- Slaydon (System)

Good luck! You can post your resource in a private message to me, ONLY!

Level 4
The map is not even started yet, I want to pick the best makers and together, we will make the best map ever seen :thumbs_up:
You are free to join - added to "Systems" part.

Level 4
No, you do not need to make some NEW system that has never been seen before, as long as the system you make works 100% and has some good functions.

Level 18
This is kinda pointless. You are just trying to connect some (pretty all) contests into one... I would understand it more, if "the best of Hive" would be a person, who will make a skin for a hero, icon for him, map where he will be used, custom skills for him and all icons to them done by the same person...

Level 34
This isn't even a contest, it's a request. Please don't try something like this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.