• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] The basics of a charge + knockback ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello,

I've been thinking of adding a charge and knockback to a hero of mine and I kind of know the general way to approach it but i'm not very sure. I know there are premade charge scrips and all that but most of them are way too complex for my needs. And besides I want to make everything myself so i can debug and add features more easily.

So can anyone explain the basic steps to be considered when making a charge+ knockback spell ?

Thanks,

Alex.

Level 3
That's why i requested a step by step. I have no idea what dynamic indexing is and why should I care about it

Level 33
A step by step is to learn what is a variable and how to use them
Next, learn what is "variable overwrite" (this what causes spells to become un-MUI)
After that, you should learn either Hashtable or Indexing (or both)
After that, try to create a simple spell (like heal HP of a unit per second for X duration) with the use of either Hashtable/Indexing.

Once you're comfortable with this, you can make a knockback spell.
Then, charge spell.
Lastly, combine them both.

Status
Not open for further replies.