• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texture replacement + geoset coloring removement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi, I have a rip of this model and I want someone to change paths of this textures wich this model is using so it will appear as the one in Elwynn forest.

The textures should be:

MM_RR_INT_WALL_01 ==> MM_STRMWND_INT_WALL_01
MM_RR_ROOF_01 ==> MM_STRMWND_ROOF_01
MM_RR_SUPPORTS_01 ==> MM_STRMWND_SUPPORTS_01
MM_RR_TRIM_01 ==> MM_STRMWND_TRIM_01
MM_RR_WALL_01 ==> MM_STRMWND_WALL_03
MM_RR_WND_EXT__01==> MM_ELWYNN_WND_EXT__01
MM_RR_WND_INT__01==> MM_ELWYNN_WND_INT__01

And another issue I have is that when this model is imported to wc3, some textures are green. I've had this issue already with 2 models. I just need someone to remove geoset coloring from it and it should be ok.

Attachments

• RedRidge_HumanTwoStory.mdx
    291.5 KB · Views: 46
Level 5
This is something you can easily do yourself.

1. Download MDLX converter
2. Convert model to MDL format
3. Open model using Notepad
4. Near the top, there will be a section listing the textures
5. Replace them!
6. Save
7. Convert back to MDX format

I found that list of textures and replaced their names but the model's textures doesn't work in model editor neither in game.

Level 21
I found that list of textures and replaced their names but the model's textures doesn't work in model editor neither in game.
You need to import those renamed textures into the Texture Manager, then change all paths of the old textures to the paths of the new(renamed) textures in the Material Manager, and then remove the paths of old textures from the Texture Manager.

Level 5
I've imported the textures I wanted to texture manager, then in material manager attached new textures to materials and then removed old textures in texture manager.

I opened geoset animation manager and then found geosets using green color. Then I changed green color to gray wich all other geosets were using and also changed the number under the alpha box to 0.498039 wich all other geosets were using.

Now it's working, thank you!

+rep for CakeMaster
+rep for rulerofiron99

I would give rep to heinvers and apathetic but I can't give them more.

Status
Not open for further replies.