• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Teleport system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Whoops - forgot to move camera for hero's owner only, thanks @millzy. I'm used to single player games :p

Yes,thank you.Is it also possible to create visibility in that region until the selectedhero leaves the area ?
Which region? You mean, destination area should be visible until someone teleports there?

Level 4
Desination area will be visibile when the hero teleports there and when he leaves the visibility dissapears
And if you can play a random in game sound when the hero click the teleport icon :D

Last edited:
Level 11
I updated the previous attached map with visibility feature. It should work for any player.
Not sure about the sound though, what exactly do you need? There's already the sound from the teleportation animation, you want another one?

Level 11
Oh I see. But there is already the sound from the teleportation ability, which can't be removed without editing the spell model itself AFAIK. This means that adding another sound will result in having two different sounds at once when using the teleportation ability. So basically, what can be done is either:
  • Adding another sound to the existing effect, which will result in having two sounds at the same time when teleporting
  • Removing the teleportation special effect, so you can replace it with any effect you want, and then add sounds
  • One of the teleportation special effect could be replaced with another teleportation effect, such as the one used by Dread Lords. That way, there will be two distinct sounds for each teleport, but also two distinct visual effects
  • Removing the sound from the teleportation effect, but it means having to import a new model for the sole purpose of having an different sound, I don't think it's worth the effort
  • Or let's not touch anything, it's good enough the way it is! :D
Your call!

Level 4
Yes,thank you.But I won't use any special effects for the teleport since the hero will teleport to a farm zone mostly and I wanted to play a different in game sound or imported for each teleport to suggest the area where he will teleport.

Level 11
I updated the attached map above.
Added a different sound for each destination, which you can change of course. I deactivated all special effect actions, but didn't delete them in case you would need them later. Added a couple of comments so you can modify the triggers more easily. If you want to copy this system to your map, don't forget to copy the variables too. And in the object editor you will need to copy the custom items, they are needed so the system can detect which hero is selected.

Enjoy :)

Level 4
It's a 3d sound effect so I've used Play Sound At point.Thanks for the help ! Do you think the patch 1.29 editor will be compatible with the old maps ? By that I mean the trigger system will update in the old map and the new colors will be added ?

Level 11
You can either edit your sound in the sound editor and uncheck the 3D sound effect box, or play 3D sound at point like you did.
About 1.29 patch, most maps will be compatible, yes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.