• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Tech-researched condition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Hi guys,,

Straight to the point
I need a condition to check if a tech is researched (Human - Defend)
And i rather not make another trigger that sets true if researched,,

Any ideas? Preferably in GUI,,

Yixx,,

Level 4
Unfortunately Yixx, as far as I know, there is not condition for checking directly if a tech is researched, however in some instances, you can check for the research's effects (for instance if it makes a passive ability available then make that ability place a buff on the "caster" and check for the buff).

Now I may be wrong (I have a very limited knowledge of JASS but maybe somebody else could confirm this) but wouldnt it be possible to use "GetPlayerTechResearched" to check that? (Understanding of course that you wanted GUI).

Hope this helps in some way :)

Level 16
Well,, it is about summoning some footmans, pushing units around you away,, so i thought they all put their shields in front,, but you need to have researched Defend before that is possible,,
And i rather not (also) change anything in the normal Warcraft Abilitys,,
Maybe any way to make the dummy unit always use the Defend animations? (like metamorphosis with ilidan does, it always uses alternative)
Ill try something with that,, and get back on it later,,
Tnx!!

Required animation names: Defend
Worked =D
Tnx!!!!!!

Level 3
How about a simple Integer comparison as condition?

(Current research level of Defend for (Triggering Player)) greater than 0

Level 16
How about a simple Integer comparison as condition?

(Current research level of Defend for (Triggering Player)) greater than 0

Hmm,, could work too,, but i dont need the Tech anymore,, since they dont need to cast Defend anymore,, since they use only Defend animations,,
(Good solution for any other problem that has no other solution then Tech researched though ;) , Clay_More )

Level 4
Well if all you need is an animation then you could use:
  • Animation - Unit Play <defend animation name here>
Also if you want a technology researched cant you use the "Upgrades" tab in the same window as play properties to set it to be researched automatically?

Status
Not open for further replies.