• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

tauren model needs skinning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
that's a tauren model needing skinning, specifically it's called Thaumaturge which is a tauren that is supposed to deal with, the dead, deceased, and the emerald dream. He wields a totem and is sort of a mystic tauren. This was originally for Ominous Horizons, and i thought i wasn't doing a bad job, until TiJiL decided that he wanted to model all the heroes and i was out of a job. So i decided to not give up on the model, but rather finish it, and release it probably on wc3sear. It is mostly from scratch and i will be custom animating it soon. I just need someone to make a skin :), and of course you'll get credit and stuff, anyways it needs only one UV, so.. here it is...

probably not the best pic i could get of it, i'm not sure if i'll keep his beard or not, i'l probably change the legs a little, and maybe add more to his mane which you can't see mostly since this is a front pic. but nothing that will change the unwraps which are at the bottom of the post, i put it in .tga form, so yeah, i think it won't have an aplha thingy so just convert it to .blp with the wc3 viewer and convert it back to .tga and say yes when it asks to add an alpha...

oh and if you wanna skin more of my models, Unsung Legends needs a skinner

index.php

concept art

thaumaturgeconcept.jpg

unwrap explaining everything

attachment.php

the .tga unwrap, with no explanations
http://www.wc3campaigns.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=57433

Level 11
halo said:
heh im skinning tijils one but if I have any extra time ill skin you version
I AM MR.STABY
im the guy who did the skin...well its a wip but will soon be done...CHECK IT OUT...:
http://www.wc3campaigns.com/showthread.php?p=716845#post716845
PM me or email me at
[email protected]
allright but really i have nothing to PM you about until i see that you can skin the model, start and then i'll email you the model

mecheon, i'm thinking of gving him 3-5 different attack animations, ranged and melee, the bazkooka will probably be one of them :)

Level 6
isn't nice to once have a tauren without a giant totem in his hands? making metzen's picture but then a bit improvised?

Was only an idea :(

ore just add a big axe ore maze ore staff in his hands?

well, i hope you can use these idea's :p

still i hope it will be posted like you said!

P.S. witch programmes do you, taurenwarrior/darkhorde use for modelling? and can you send a link to these programmes?

Nazghul_Master

;) :)

Level 11
Nazghul_Master said:
isn't nice to once have a tauren without a giant totem in his hands? making metzen's picture but then a bit improvised?

Was only an idea :(

ore just add a big axe ore maze ore staff in his hands?

well, i hope you can use these idea's :p

still i hope it will be posted like you said!

P.S. witch programmes do you, taurenwarrior/darkhorde use for modelling? and can you send a link to these programmes?

Nazghul_Master

;) :)

no i won't add an axe the totem suits his spirituality, i use milkshape google it...

anyways i fixed up the UV a bit, i'm not gonna post another pic explaining stuff since everything is basically the same, but i welded duplicate vertices and cleaned it up...

here's the new path http://www.wc3campaigns.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=57515

Level 6
confused

?? hmm, sorry to say but what is the file you send me to download??¿¿ is it the model??¿¿ ore the programme you use.

When it is the programme it's strange because i can't remember EVER having seen just 1 programme for modelling!

Nazghul_Master

:wink: :D

Level 11
Re: confused

Nazghul_Master said:
?? hmm, sorry to say but what is the file you send me to download??¿¿ is it the model??¿¿ ore the programme you use.

When it is the programme it's strange because i can't remember EVER having seen just 1 programme for modelling!

Nazghul_Master

no that file is the tauren unwrap, anyways i'm not gonna send you a link you should try doing something instead of always asking people, just search for it in google

Level 11
Re: a bit noobish

Nazghul_Master said:
hmm, sorry but i still don't understand very well, i'm afraid i'm a bit noobish in this kind of ways. you mean with the tauren unwrap that it's the tauren but then not unzipped yet ore something like that?

it's the tauren skin, shape, a sort of template for a skinner to work on...

Status
Not open for further replies.