1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Tales of Symphonia-Kratos' Story1.2e

Submitted by Kratos1987
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
This campaign is about Kratos Aurion while he is absent from the main party in the game from Tales of Symphonia.

*If you haven't played Tales of Symphonia before, you may find the storyline hard to pick up. However if you have played Tales of Symphonia before you'll pick it up quickly*

You start off with very little, and a slow attack speed but by the end of chapter one you will have some nice items, and if you spend your GRADE which you will obtain by killing powerful monsters and completing some quests, you have buy and upgrade some items.

*Though attack speed starts off slow, you can get it at a good speed by the end of chapter one*

Credits go to -

Aeroblyctos for inspiring me to make a campaign, also for him helping me every step of the way to make my campaign with better triggers.

Kitabatake - For a trigger system made by him. thanks you for this, it'll make the campaign much better.

Mr. 100 - For helping with the terraining.

Others how answered my "Help" posts for answering and helping me make save/load triggers to work.

All the people who made models that i have imported, i can't remember you all. so if you play and see your model let me know your name and i will credit you personally.

Commands for chapter one -
box1 - moves Kratos' first box to Kratos' position
box2 - moves Kratos' second box to Kratos' position

When playing, please listen to musics used and suggest any ideas you may have, may it be monster editing, boss spells, quests, and even items. and if you have any better music to use let me know also.
MAX LEVEL - The max Level for the whole campaign is 100, but right now with only up to bonus stage one, it is 20.

Any cinematic suggestions are welcome also.

Please be nice as this is the first time making any maps!

PLEASE ENJOY!!

Update from version 1.1 to 1.2 changes
-Trigger error where you can end the first chapter as soon as the map loads has been fixed.
-Sheena's bloodlust spell can now be cast.
-The professional boss no longer causes heavy lag.

Update from version 1.2 to 1.2a changes
- Fixed Professional Boss Cinematic
- Final boss in Chapter one is now easier (to end chapter go back to start of map after obtaining the Sacred Wood)

Update from version 1.2a to 1.2b changes
-New optional quest in prologue (Prize - 60 Gald, 1 GRADE)
-Added water to prologue (Heals 100HP has 20 second cooldown)
-Added shop in prologue
-New enemy in prologue
-All monsters in prologue and Chapter one now respawn where they start, and now they'll always have a chance to drop items
-Added new items for upgrade, Armor Lv3, Shield Lv3, Boots Lv3
-There is now a few more GRADE to be found
-There is now a dozen "50 Gald" pieces over chapter one
-Basic Exspere and Life Stealer in GRADE shop are now cheaper
-You can now buy GRADE in the GRADE shop for 5,000 Gald each
-Added Ultimate boss to chapter one, still under construstion and no item prize yet!)
-Zap Sparke is now more powerful
-Max level is now 17 in chapter one

Update from version 1.2b to 1.2c changes
-Prologue edited, now there's a few new monsters. Also more switches added.
-Boss in prologue is now challenging
-Chapter One completely made over, most monsters are replaced with monsters from the original game.
-Removed Zap Sparke and replaced it with Guardian Field
-Max Level in prologue and chapter one has increased by one
-Exp required has jumped, now it goes up by more than 100 per level, and it keeps growing
-The game is now harder, monsters have more health and do a little more damage.
-Restoration items have been improved, now they heal the same as in the original game
-Now Bosses health and mana bar will be displayed while fighting them
-Ultimate boss in chapter one is ready for testing
-Stat increasing herbs now only cost 1 GRADE each
-Bonus stage is now harder
-Sheena is now a hero unit
-Sheena now has better spells
-Increased the healing of water in prologue to 150, now with 15 seconds cooldown
-And a few other little things

Update from version 1.2c to 1.2d changes
-Added difficulty levels that effect monsters Life (easy 90%, Normal 120%, Hard 150%)
-Added text to the opening cinematic
-Fixed monsters that were set to passive, now they are hostile
-Fixed the teleports for the professional Quest
-Rodyle is slighty harder
-Fixed Bowman in final dungeon who was able to shoot through wall. (hopefully won't anymore)
-Raybit is now harder
-All Gels now have a 20 second cooldown. This will stop spamming making later Gels more worth having
-Added a few more monsters in the mountain
-Fixed the Granite golems stun attack, now you will unstun after 2 seconds
-Most GRADE giving monsters are now stronger
-Fixed Flesh golem Death wave ability. now a sound plays when he is about you cast
-Fixed Ultimate boss's death wave, now it's weaker, and plays a sound when about to be used.

Update from version 1.2d to 1.2e changes
-Added extra boss in prologue
-Changed the switches in prologue to runes
-Fixed the teleports in chapter 1 for the professional quest
-Added a synthesis shop in chapter 1

Keywords:
Tales of Symphonia, Kratos, Lloyd, Sheena, Zelos, Presea, Regal, RPG, Campaign, Story, Collete, Raine, Genis, Sage, Aurion, Irving
Contents

Tales of Symphonia-Kratos' Story1.2e (Campaign)

Reviews
09:20, 11th Aug 2009, by Rui(#117): A campaign that clearly needs a lot of work on many aspects. Check my full review for more details. Rejected with 2/5 (Lacking) rating.
  1. 09:20, 11th Aug 2009, by Rui(#117):
    A campaign that clearly needs a lot of work on many aspects. Check my full review for more details. Rejected with 2/5 (Lacking) rating.

2. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    3 missions? I hope this is a complete campaign, otherwise you'll have to take it down.

3. Kratos1987

Kratos1987

Resources:
    Resources:
    It seems the Boss for the Profession quest pauses the game after using his common spell, don't worry, the game unpauses after about 3 seconds. Just make sure you have a high enough health so you don't get killed while it's paused. To counter this, i made him easier.

Enjoy!

Last time i posted this campaign it was really buggy.

Remember, this is my first time making maps so i'm still learning the triggers etc...

Text errors, the first map is the Prologue, the second map is the first chapter, and the third map is the first bonus stage. I'll fix next version!

After playing, please give me suggestions for the next chapter, what items can be found, bosses (names will help to save me from thinking of them) and any special quests. Also, i'm not that great at terraining, so if there is anyone who is a good terrainer that will be happy to help. i'd really appreciate it :)

4. TheBlooddancer

TheBlooddancer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Downloading it now.

Edit: Iseedeadpeople still works.

5. Kratos1987

Kratos1987

Resources:
    Resources:
    ok thanks, i'll go fix that

EDIT: what map? prologue or chapter one?

EDIT2: I tried on both maps and i got kicked from both. sometimes it takes awhile to get kicked, but you will lose the map anyway.

EDIT: PLEASE READ THIS, BEFORE GOING TO BONUS STAGE, YOU WILL NEED TO DELETE A TRIGGER, GO TO THE TRIGGER AND DELETE IT... "Shining BIND -> Ultimate Spell"

This trigger causes all spells used to use that spell which shouldn't be installed yet. if you don't remove this trigger, the bonus stage will bug, you won't even be able to heal!!!!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  6. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You should not release your campaign if it was bugged. You should personally remove it and update this sources.

7. TheBlooddancer

TheBlooddancer

Resources:
    Resources:
    In the very first one, i could Iseedeadpeople. Then i tried if Whosyourdaddy worked. It didnt, and i got kicked. Thus, i didnt test further, cause i had to watch the cinematic once again.

8. Kratos1987

Kratos1987

Resources:
    Resources:
    well, iseedeadpeople kicks me out in the prologue, so i don't see why it wouldn't for you, and i'm glad whosyourdaddy does bcuz these maps took me nearly 2 months to make and i don't want people to finish it with little effort. Thanks for downloading, but i dont think having to watch a small 1 minute cinematic again should stop you from playing (mostly since it is voiced), now you know that cheats dont work :)

Also, the prologue should only take 10 minutes to finish. Chapter one should be alot of fun. i had much trouble making it, but when i was testing it, i enjoyed playing it.
    Please when you have time, try the first chapter and tell me if you have suggestions.

I am currently looking for some voice actors. If you are a great Cam Clarke inpersonator you'll fit the main Hero nicely. Other voice actors are welcome of course!

I will have this fixed next version :)

{EDIT}
    Campaign Updated!

From Version 1.0 to 1.1

Prologue
    - You now start off with 100 Gald instead of 40 Gald
    - Scorpians in Prologue now give 2 Gald instead of 1 Gald.
    - Tenticles now give 2 Gald instead of 1 Gald.
    - The Portal Defender and it's summons are now weaker. Also the Spawn Tenticle spells cooldown is now 10 seconds instead of 1 second.
    - Scorpians have a chance to drop Apple Gels (5%) and Orange Gels (2%)
    - Fixed Kratos' Attack Speed

Chapter One
    - The Crabs in the swamp are now weaker.
    - Fixed Kratos' Attack Speed. Before it was really really slow.

Bonus Stage One
    - Disabled a trigger that caused any spell used to use a trigger spell that isn't correctly installed into the campaign
    - The monsters are now slighty stronger.
    - Kratos' Boxes now load. Box 1 in the top left corner, Box 2 in the top right corner.
    - Now the boss has and drops the correct item. Before he dropped "Quest Item Two".
    - Boss now has full mana, before he only had about 300 mana.
    - Boss is now slighty stronger.
    - Fixed Kratos' attack speed. Now he attacks slower allowing room later in the campaign to speed up.

If you find any other problems or imbalances in monster/boss strength please let me know and i'll change accordingly.

If i have time, next version will have skippable cinematics.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2009
  9. TheBlooddancer

TheBlooddancer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Gold, you mean?

10. Kratos1987

Kratos1987

Resources:
    Resources:
    No, in "Tales of" games, the currency is Gald :D

the first game with "tales of" came out about 10 years ago, possiblly more. Personally i think it's cool, it's different to gold :)

11. linuel

linuel

Resources:
    Resources:
    very good map love it :D i give it a 4/5!

{EDIT}
    can u continue the map much longer like 7 chapters???

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2009
  12. Kratos1987

Kratos1987

Resources:
    Resources:
    The plan will be about 8 chapters :)

Thanks for playing, do you have any suggestions for items or off-story events.
    PS: how did you find the "professional" quest boss? too easy/hard?

Also, tell me if you have any music ideas!!
    Also, item ideas will be great too...

13. corellius

corellius

Resources:
    Resources:
    if you need elp with anti-cheat stuff you should talk to the creator of chosen ones, ithink he could help you out alot

14. Kratos1987

Kratos1987

Resources:
    Resources:
    I talk to him nearly everyday :)

15. linuel

linuel

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmmm... how about an item have an aura like an armor with a return damage??? yeah like that :)

16. Kratos1987

Kratos1987

Resources:
    Resources:
    I guess that could work, but it'll be much weaker than Kratos' "Spell Revenge" ability!

linuel - Have you played Tales of Symphonia before? (just wondering)

17. linuel

linuel

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah i played it its a pretty hard to lvl up on start!

{EDIT}
    oh and hey i forgot to tell you in the chapter 1 in the quest of missing villagers when im in the cinematic of earthquake sheena attack already the unknown guy with a sword and i cant continue because when the end of the cinematic im already dead pls fix that :(

18. cyankain26

cyankain26

Resources:
    Resources:
    How do I beat the lord named something in the cave in the Ozette mayor's quest?

{EDIT}
    can you create an Item that burns down enemy's mana?

{EDIT 2}
    and why is the level limit on the second chapter only level 16 and the bonus stage won't work?

19. deathreaven

deathreaven

Resources:
    Resources:
    Man tales of symphonia was a great game, and this map explains a lot. Anyway, kratos isn't in the second game, so unluky you.