• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Super Tiny Animation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Okay, I've got this really tiny problem. I have a model with your basic weapon holding animations, "stand ready" "attack" "stand" and "walk" the weapon is held properly in the "walk" and "stand" animations, but when it goes to "stand ready" or "attack" the weapon is held completely out of place.

How can I fix this? Or can someone else fix it?

Here is the weapon I am attaching, and the model that has the bad animations.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=2kqbso

Thank you in advance.

Here's your model dude. I hope this satisfy you.
Edit
And before you use it, Whose model are those? Are they yours? I am just cautious because we cannot edit other persons work without their permission. If they aren't yours or they are yours please notify me. Don't use the model if without permission from the original author, otherwise I will delete the attached file.

Attachments

• Guardsman.mdx
    178.7 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Level 22
Here's your model dude. I hope this satisfy you.
Edit
And before you use it, Whose model are those? Are they yours? I am just cautious because we cannot edit other persons work without their permission. If they aren't yours or they are yours please notify me. Don't use the model if without permission from the original author, otherwise I will delete the attached file.

Ehm, problem, I didn't want you to attach the weapon in the editor, I want the weapon to attach properly on all animations to the hand, right or weapon attachment points. An inventory system like this would be impractical, you'd have to load the player model, and weapon model together, and you'd have to have 10 different player models with different weapons which would use a lot of unnecessary space.

The AK-47 mesh was made by a friend on request.
The Guardsman model is 100% rip with less polys, in-game textures, and ripped animations.

Credits really go to Relic Entertainment.

Level 30
@eubz,
The geosets of the weapon are detached from the model, meaning that when those certain animations are performed, the weapon is misplaced and finishes somewhere where it shouldn't be, such as in the air, while the arms perform that animation. This is called Geo Miss, since that part of the model in those animations isn't animated, nor attached to the animation cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.