• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Sub-Categorizing Triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I would have tried searching through previous Topics about this... but I simply dont know exactly what to look for...:cry:

So, first off... heres the small trigger I'm trying to do:
  • Soul Branch
    • Events
      • Unit - Soul 0026 <gen> Gains a level
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Soul 0026 <gen>) Greater than or equal to 5
    • Actions
      • Countdown Timer - Start BranchTimer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 10.00 seconds
      • Dialog - Clear Mydialog
      • Dialog - Change the title of Mydialog to Spirit Branch
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for Mydialog labelled Shaman
      • Set Dialogbutton[1] = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for Mydialog labelled Banshee
      • Set Dialogbutton[2] = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Dialog - Show Mydialog for Player 1 (Red)
This trigger was created in part with another, the result would be that a player hits lvl 4 or higher, and recieved a dialogue box giving the options to shift classes. (Like an Evolution system). the Problem I ran into though, was that this trigger would take IMMEDIATE effect after leveling past Lvl-4, with no pause. So to combat this, I added in the timer in 'Actions' at the top, hoping that it would take effect before the other commands.

However, as you experienced trigger users would notice, my Timer in the Actions is fairly useless at this point. In the back of my head I'm thinking that a more complicated way to do this is to create yet ANOTHER trigger with a timer, or something of the sort.

I was hoping though that there was a way to just sub categorize all the other commands after the Timer, under the timer... if that makes sense... It seems like it can be done, and it seems it would be simple to... So can anyone show me how?

Short Version:

Problem - The Commands after the Timer are not waiting FOR the timer to finish

Question - How do I make it so no other action takes place till the timer is done.

• Angry
Reactions: Rui
Level 2
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - BranshTimer expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 10.00 seconds
ether use the timer expired event and put your action's in a new trigger, or use the wait action

Status
Not open for further replies.