• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Stupid #[][][][]% grrrr HELP ME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I don't know why this is, and I normally don't have problems like this - and its so freakin simple >< BUT!

I can't get this to work:
-------------------------------------------------

Event: Periodic event: - Every 2 seconds of game

Condition: BooleanVariableArray [1] = True
("True" from diff. trigger)

Action: - A unitgroup variable "X" do ["Orc - HeroFarSeer Chainlightning"] another unitgroup variable "Z"
Wait 10
Set BooleanVariableArray[1] = False

-------------------------------------------------
whereas;

"X" =(Add "Last created unit" to "X")#8 (units created in a different trigger)

"Z" =(Random unit from (units in 800 region, matching((Triggering unit)has Buff)))

Obviously, "X" ought to cast my spell based on "Chainlightning" every 2 seconds, for 10 seconds, at random units in "Z", but it only casts it once ><

It has no cooldown or mana usage, and the buff stays with "Z" 10 seconds

What do I do wrong, and/or if it looks like this is how its meant to be, (Im sure I've done this earlier without problems ><) please tell if you've encountered likewise problems, and what you did to solve them, cause I'm going loop!

Btw, I put this in the map section, 'cause its a map I'm making, only, it is with custom abillity heroes, but not a spell map, yet, I don't know if its entirely the right forum anyways :p

Level 9
Use two triggers:

Code:
Event:
(choose one)

Conditions:
(choose)

Actions:
Set BooleanVariableArray [1] = true

And this one, initally enabled.

Code:
Events:
Every 2 seconds of the game

Conditions:
If BooleanVariableArray [1] = true

Actions:
Issue order etc.

Level 7
that is what I have done... that is what don't work :S

it says, the Boolean Array IS true from diff. trigger, that aint the problem... it is why the hell it only targets a random unit once!

Status
Not open for further replies.