• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Street Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I was hoping someone could direct me to a place with some street signs and lights and such available for download.
I need signs like stop, speed limit, some street name signs, things like that, as well as stop lights and street lights.
If anyone knows where I would be able to go about finding these, if you could direct me there that would be great.

Level 9
well I know it's small but I don't feel like re-exporting :p

I just made this quickee for you, it's a stop sign.

You'll probably have to scale it in-game about 2-3 times or so, but no biggy.
if you have any problems, contact me

path is stopsign.blp

enjoy!

PS: I uploaded a compressed version of the skin if you want it, there's not too much difference so I may remove the higher version later..

you don't have to give credits, but they would be appreciated :p

Attachments

• Stop Sign.mdx
    4.2 KB · Views: 92
  • stopsign.BLP
    44.2 KB · Views: 95
  • stopsign-compressed.blp
    16.9 KB · Views: 80
Level 6
well I know it's small but I don't feel like re-exporting :p

I just made this quickee for you, it's a stop sign.

You'll probably have to scale it in-game about 2-3 times or so, but no biggy.
if you have any problems, contact me

path is stopsign.blp

enjoy!

PS: I uploaded a compressed version of the skin if you want it, there's not too much difference so I may remove the higher version later..

you don't have to give credits, but they would be appreciated :p

Oh, thanks. I didn't mean to go through trouble to make one, but it's appreciated. I have the ability to make them myself, but I'm just really bad at adding the textures.

On a side note, if anyone can tell me how to take a picture of like ten or so sign images and make it so that the model only uses the one, it would be really appreciated (I have 3DS Max if someone can tell me for that). Whenever I try to add it the texture stretches itself out and it gets all weird.

Last edited:
Level 9
It was really no problem man.

If you're bad at editing the textures, you can check out my tutorial, even though it's for MS3D, it may help you...
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=481668&postcount=4

For mixing them, you'd just have to first make all your 10 or so textures or whatever smaller. After that you'd make a new texture that's bigger than those, and paste all your others in.
Then you'd basically follow that tutorial but instead of remapping, just set the other already mapped uvs over their new corresponding spots.

BTW, for the stretching, it's because your poly isn't flowing evenly in the UVMap, meaning...
say you have a square with 5 vertices, one in the middle, and the other 4 around it.
A texture wouldn't flow as evenly if the center vertex were more on the left hand side than in the center (on the UVMap).
I attached a thumbnail for an example.

Attachments

• UVMAP_1.PNG
    UVMAP_1.PNG
    4 KB · Views: 98
Status
Not open for further replies.