• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Storm Spirit Wizardry 1.10

Reactions: Lambdadelta
This new created map, is inspired by DotA's hero - Storm Spirit. In this map, every player will pick a Storm Spirit element out of 5 elements: Fire, Water, Earth, Electy and Nature.

Each of the element Storm Spirit has their own ''element area'' respectively. When they enter their element area, they will recieve positive power. Example: For Fire Storm Spirit enter its element area will get immolation on its body and minor HP regeneration. So, if Fire Storm Spirit is inside its area fighting an other element Storm Spirit (eg. Earth Storm Spirit), the Fire Storm Spirit will have higher chance of winning because it has immolation and extra minor HP regeneration.

Here are the lists of the benefit in element areas:
When the fire Storm Spirit enters its element area, it recieves immolation (55 damage/sec in 425 AOE) and 3 HP regen. It will also has Fire Ancestors to protect him from the other element enemies (Nature, Water, Electy and Earth)

When the nature Storm Spirit enters its element area, it recieves the ancient nature presence - increasing its HP regen by 8 and armor by 10.

When the water element Storm Spirit enters its element area, it recieves the ancient water presence - increasing its HP reg by 12 and mana reg by 4. It also has Water Ancestors to protect him from other element enemies. (Nature, Fire, Electy and Earth)

Electy Storm Spirits don't have element areas, but they have extra 2.25 mana regen and 0.5 intel growth per level.

When the earth element Storm Spirit enters its element area, it has no collision size and able to walk through anything. Other than that, it has increased 30% attack damage.

Other than that, each Storm Spirit element has their own special ability to be learnt. They can learn their ability by buying it at the ''Lor' d Xamzo'' shop. After you have bought, you have have one extra ability on your hero which is your special ability.

Nature - Overgrowth from DotA: Summons huge overgrowth roots on the area of effect around Storm Spirit, entangling every units affected, dealing damage per second.
Fire - Hellcall: Calls the flames of hell down to earth, burning the ground and silencing enemy units. Deals damage per second to units that are hit by hellcall in the area of effect and silencing them.
Water - Whirlpool: Summons a gigantic whirlpool that sucks everyone inside it, dealing damage per second in the area of effect.
Earth - Reverse Polarity from DotA: Due to some unknown property matter, the Storm Spirit slams the ground, sucking all nearby enemy units to the centre of Storm Spirit, dealing damage and stunning them.
Electy - Thundergod's Wrath from DotA: Calls down the wrath of zues, thunderstriking every enemy Storm Spirits around the whole map, dealing damage to them.

Screenshots

Storm Spirit Pic.jpg

Storm Spirit Pic2.jpg

Storm Spirit Pic3.jpg

Any problems, bugs and requests? Send an email to me at [email protected]!

Changelogs:

Changelog to 1.10:
-Respawn time slightly reduced
-Sturn duration and area of effect for Reverse Polarity slightly increased
-Polished some terrains

Changelog to 1.09:
-Fixed some minor bugs.

Changelog to 1.08:

-Changed Storm Spirit's names according to its element.
-Remaked Staff of the DarkLords & Staff of the NetherLords:
*Staff of the DarkLords: Able to cast a dark warp raze that will burst up to 900 range in
front of the caster in, dealing 200 damage and stunning for 2.65 sec. 9 seconds
cooldown.

*Staff of the NetherLords: Adds the hero attributes by 6 to all stats. Able to cast a
dark warp raze that will burst up to 1200 range in front of the caster in, dealing 350
damage and stunning for 3.35 sec. 9 seconds cooldown.

-Water Remnant Upgrade (Slow duration - Increased from 3 seconds to 4 seconds)
-Reverse Polarity Duration tweaked to 2.75/3.5/4.25/5/5.5 seconds.
-Increased the power of element protectors at element areas of water and fire.
-Increased the damage able to be blocked by Pureness Vanguard from 65 to 120 damage.
-Increased the HP of Scout eye from 200 to 500.
-New Item added: Oblivion's Sceptre, Oblivion's Sceptre of Insight
*Oblivion's Sceptre: 1350 gold
Ability - Active---Summons a ward that damages nearby enemy when they cast a
spell. Deals 1.5 damage per mana used on the spell cast.|n|nLasts for 30 seconds, 50
seconds cooldown.

*Oblivion's Sceptre of Insight: 2000 gold
Ability - Active---Summons a ward that damages nearby enemy when they cast a
spell. Deals 2.75 damage per mana used on the spell cast.|n|nLasts for 35 seconds, 50
seconds cooldown.

Changelog to 1.07:
-ZlolZ's official forum moved from zlolzforum.ucoz.com to zlolzstormz.ucoz.com
-Message for "(Hero) has fallen" has been removed
-Avatar ability of the Black King Bar item is now immune to more spells such as: Whirlpool, Static Remnant and Overload.
-Water Blast ability ( from the item Staff of the Tides) blast on the air duration reduced from 1.5 to 0.8 seconds.
-When Thundergod's Wrath (Electy Storm Spirit's special ability) is cast, it will give full vision to the whole map for 3 seconds.
-Map name changed from Storm Spirit Wars to Storm Spirit Wizardry (Due to many types of upgrades for spells)
-Added 1 new shop (Spells upgrade shop for Storm Spirit's Static Remnant and Electric Vortex)!

Water
Static Remnant - When cast, releases a water blast around a small AOE of the Storm Spirit, slowing nearby enemy units.
Electric Vortex - When Static Vortex is cast, a morph water spirit will be spawned. The morph water spirit can attack and will have an ability which will sacrifice itself and bring the Storm Spirit's location to the morph water spirit immediately.
Nature
SR - When cast, gain vision to the area for a duration.
EV - Heals HP on cast.
Electy/Electric
SR - When cast, shocks every enemy's HP that are 350 range from Storm Spirit, reducing their HP by 8 % of max HP. After their HP is shocked, then if their HP is lower than 8% of the full HP, the unit will be instantly killed.
EV - When cast, purges the target for 8 seconds and burning its mana by 200. After 3 seconds, an electric blast will be released, dealing 200 damage in 500 AOE.
Earth&
SR - When Static Remnant is cast, releases 6 earth pulse every 0.3 seconds below the ground of Storm Spirit, dealing 30 damage per pulse and slowing nearby affected units for every pulse. Units that are closer will recieve more damage. Units that are furthere away also will recieve lesser damage.
EV - When cast, increases Storm Spirit's attack damage by 25% for 8 seconds.
Fire
SR - When cast, releases a flame inferno blast, dealing 50 damage per second to units that are affected in the inferno (315 AOE). Lasts for 4 seconds.
EV - When cast, burns the target's armour, melting it and reducing it by 7 for 7 seconds. Also gain vision of the target for the duration.

Changelog to 1.06:
-Water Elemental Ability: Whirlpool damage decreased from 40/70/100/130/160 damage per second to 25/40/55/70/85 damage per second to balance the power of water element.
-Pureness Vanguard casting spell now changed from 35 armour for 8 seconds to maximum armour for 12 seconds
-Elemental God Spawn time increased from 75 seconds to 155 seconds
-Added a new shop (Quel' Tha Juese) and new items in it -
1. -Staff of the DarkLords - Able to cast a dark warp raze 700 units in front of the caster, dealing (300 + (10 x Hero Level)) damage in 340 AOE.
-Staff of the NetherLords (Upgraded by purchasing Staff of the DarkLords and Null Talisman) - Increases 6 points to all attributes. Able to cast a dark warp raze 700 units in front of the caster, dealing (450 + (15 x Hero Level)) damage in 340 AOE.
2. -Staff of the Tides - This water element concentrated staff, contains unparalleled elements of the sea, which gives power to the wielder to summon a blast of water at a targeted area that will be erupted after 2 seconds.Deals (300 + (10 x Hero Level)) in damage, slowing every units affected by 30% for 3 seconds. 14 sec cd.Can be upgraded by purchasing a Null Talisman and this item together.
-Staff of the Tsunamis - This water element concentrated staff, contains unparalleled elements of the sea, which gives power to the wielder to summon a blast of water at a targeted area that will be erupted after 2 seconds.Deals (300 + (10 x Hero Level)) in damage, slowing every units affected by 30% for 3 seconds. 14 sec cd.
Also adds the hero stats by 8 to all attributes.

Changelog to 1.05b:
-Fixed a bug when people download the map and they see the map preview is white colour

Changelog to 1.05:
-Nature elemental area adjusted healing rate: HP regen from 8 to 12/sec
-Reduced every item prices
-Changed Storm Spirit Soundset
-Added new items
-Fixed display 5 more kills to win warning bug
-Added a boss: Elemental God - Located at the top right of the map, you are able to go there and try to kill it if you want to
-After you have killed the Elemental God, you will recieve 1000 gold and an item: Pureness Vanguard.
-Pureness Vanguard: Increases magic resistance by 65% and give 65% to block 65 damage.
Ability - Active: When cast, increases armour by 35 for 8 seconds. (After this ability is cast, the item will be destroyed!)
-Ayleid Fountain has been removed to fix imbalances
-Revive Timer has been reduced

Credits:
-My mapping partner, Soapz/Stormz
-Lightning Strike Large model by Callahan
-Great Lightning model by Tranquil
-LavaColossus model by DonDustin
-We Are Electric music by Flying Steps
-Water Elemental model by alfredx_sotn
-Storm Spirit spell triggers by popo80000
-And also, to my supporters of course!

Keywords:
Storm Spirit Raijin Thunderkeg Wars DotA Hero
Contents

Storm Spirit Wizardry 1.10 (Map)

Reviews
17:19, 29th Aug 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved
Level 8
This map is good But the Terrain Need More Work

The Items are very Expencive

The Spells you must change the icons of the spells for the different Element

Post more Screenshot and Use BBc Codes For The Descreption

Change The Music Of The Begining it Look Weird XD

Thats ALL FOR ME I Hope U Update It Soon

Last edited:
Level 15
Hello,

I played this map tonight and actually quite like it. I just can't put into words how much I like it... I like the mana regeneration fountain, I like the different elementals, lots of things!

Though I wish to ask: What is up with those elementals in water and fire zones? They can't be killed? Was the elemental zone supposed to be dangerous but rewarding? I dunno... o.o

Here are some things though:
  • Ball Lightning's icon goes green when in it's DISBTN form, just thought you would want to know.
  • Perhaps you want to redesign the loading screen so players don't have to press a key when done loading, some people aren't aware or are afk and this irritates other players.
  • You should edit the model that is flashed on Static Remnant (the Mana Flare bolt effect). Edit out the sound as it's annoying to hear constantly.

I didn't really play it thoroughly, one guy left because I kept killing him, the other was like "fuck this", and then the other guy was like: "gg, you win" and left. I'll talk more later when I play it again ;o

Level 3
Hello,

I played this map tonight and actually quite like it. I just can't put into words how much I like it... I like the mana regeneration fountain, I like the different elementals, lots of things!

Though I wish to ask: What is up with those elementals in water and fire zones? They can't be killed? Was the elemental zone supposed to be dangerous but rewarding? I dunno... o.o

Here are some things though:
  • Ball Lightning's icon goes green when in it's DISBTN form, just thought you would want to know.
  • Perhaps you want to redesign the loading screen so players don't have to press a key when done loading, some people aren't aware or are afk and this irritates other players.
  • You should edit the model that is flashed on Static Remnant (the Mana Flare bolt effect). Edit out the sound as it's annoying to hear constantly.

I didn't really play it thoroughly, one guy left because I kept killing him, the other was like "fuck this", and then the other guy was like: "gg, you win" and left. I'll talk more later when I play it again ;o

I read your comment and I want to say thanks for liking my map and giving some suggestions.
And, actually the elementals at the elemental zones are the element's spirits, (let's say its water element)the spirits help the water element Storm Spirit by attacking other elements (eg. fire, nature, earth and storm) that enter the water element zone. You can read this at the buff description while you are inside the zone. Hope it helps!

Also, thanks for the suggestion about the sound, I also find it a bit annoying actually when I test the map :xxd:, so I'll fix it on the next version.

Finally, I'll try to create the loading screen by no need to press a key to continue. =)

sPy

sPy

Level 21
Here's some things I wanted to comment, please note there's no intention to be offensive.
Heroes
Heroes could do more ability variations. For example, the "Ball Lightning" for Fire can be named as "Roll of Fire", and it's effects can be replaced with fire trails instead of the same old lightning laser.
Items
Heroes based on DotA... But items shouldn't be based on DotA too! Yes, I know there's some items that are not based from DotA, but they are DotA related.. example: Lucifer Arm. Try make some items from your imagination, because it doesn't looked creative copying items from DotA (Arcane Boots, Guinsoo Scythe). You can do better.
Bugs
There's a lot of bug I discovered. xBlackRose mentioned some of them. So I discovered this, I used Water element. When I cast lightning ball, there'll be 2 storm spirits appeared, this makes it look ugly. The others are on pictures.
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg
Picture 1: Typo, it should be Accessories Man
Picture 2: "Available Mode" should be "Kills", because the numbers doesn't considered as mode.
Picture 3: Icon problem.
Picture 4: Tootip problem, there's no description for that one. Only shows upgrading.
Picture 5: Icon problem.

Level 3
Here's some things I wanted to comment, please note there's no intention to be offensive.
Heroes
Heroes could do more ability variations. For example, the "Ball Lightning" for Fire can be named as "Roll of Fire", and it's effects can be replaced with fire trails instead of the same old lightning laser.
Items
Heroes based on DotA... But items shouldn't be based on DotA too! Yes, I know there's some items that are not based from DotA, but they are DotA related.. example: Lucifer Arm. Try make some items from your imagination, because it doesn't looked creative copying items from DotA (Arcane Boots, Guinsoo Scythe). You can do better.
Bugs
There's a lot of bug I discovered. xBlackRose mentioned some of them. So I discovered this, I used Water element. When I cast lightning ball, there'll be 2 storm spirits appeared, this makes it look ugly. The others are on pictures.
View attachment 94561 View attachment 94562 View attachment 94563 View attachment 94564 View attachment 94565
Picture 1: Typo, it should be Accessories Man
Picture 2: "Available Mode" should be "Kills", because the numbers doesn't considered as mode.
Picture 3: Icon problem.
Picture 4: Tootip problem, there's no description for that one. Only shows upgrading.
Picture 5: Icon problem.

Thanks for posting the problems! I'll try to fix it =)

But.. I am not really good in triggering the spells, therefore maybe I cant fix the ''2 storm spirits appeared'' thing. Maybe if I can I will find someone to fix the trigger for me.

Reactions: sPy
Level 4
This is a big change i'm suggesting, but to keep it balanced and not have the "One lucky guy who gets fed and unstoppable" actually unstoppable, you should lower the level cap and get rid of attribute bonus.

Level 5
You know about pureness vanguard i dont think anybody will use it to 35 armor to destroy it because 65% magic resistance and 65% to block dmg its pretty good perhads you can nerf it or convince ppl to use it more

Level 1
This map is getting less fame than it should get :p

It is enjoyable short mini-game everyone can play. I love the races of panda (storm is best ganker dude, we needed a storm map more than a pudge one :p)

I can write a lot of such stuff, but i limit myself to saying that this map is good :D

looking forward to more of your minigames.

mirana (potm) wars maybe? :eek:

Level 30
@ZlolZ
hey friend! so sorry for the late map review, I'm having troubles with my time for school work and gaming, oh well here's my map review:

Storm Spirit Wizardry 1.07

I'll start the total score in 30/30, we know the passing grade is 15, but its still not good and above it means you must give more improvements of the map. a perfect score means. well you made it! :cgrin:
[+] signs means there is something good within your work, this won't be part of the grading since this is just a good comment saying you made a good job
[-] signs means you must make something better or maybe an improvement of that part of your work
[bugs] won't deduct your score, however, will only show you some mishaps and low managing of some triggers,terrains,units etc.

Originality [2.5/5]
Note:
[-] I feel bad for people taking up games that are already familiarize from others and knows it well, I'll start it with a half score, I like the idea, maybe similar to Tiny Wars, Pudge Wars, Shadowfiend Wars, and so on to other heroes, if you want games that inspires someone or something on your map, make it different in a total way for some gamers will appreciate it
Difficulty [3.5/5]
Note:
[+] The game mostly relies on skills, power, and micro-management, I don't find any difficulties as for now, but somehow I felt strange for the elemental areas, its too hard to hide on the area because they elements also attacks you, the only friendliest of them all is that nature area, I guess your still on the work for more and I like that, maybe make more better changes in the future
Gameplay [4/5]
Note:
[+] The game was great, I played it with my friends (we know DotA so well and played it like pros man!) but somehow I forgot to take those awesome screenshots we made for your game, sorry man but don't worry, my review will surely tell you the whole story of how your game rocks!
[-] The role would be better if all spirits have there own skill images, like when the first skill is activated, it will show the image of there own instead of Raijin Thunderkeg's original one

Triggering [4.5/5]
Note:
[+] I found no bad triggering so far and that's good news, but the debugging skill, its like Furion's second skill in a really-really long time to start, make some good changes for it to make the game more challenging than a signal point for easy kills
[+] Again with the elemental areas, there too hard to coup with, maybe make those elementals easier like skibi's tower defense's elementals in the mini-game, like when you bump to one of them you will get the damaging effects of it. well this is just a suggestion and I hope you understand me loud and clear

Terraining [3.5/5]
Note:
[+] The terrain was fine, its good, and has many exit routes and blindspots I discovered during my observations, and that's a good one
[-] If your game is related to godly elements or spiritual essences, make it more shadowy or foggy-like state, something that will combine the synergy of the players in the map, another suggestion and a good help for yah dude!

Synergy [5/5]
Note:
[+] Like what I said with the terrain, combine these effects that will show the game in its awesome view
[+] The Items and upgrades were great! and I find no low managing for now, and that will make this section perfect for my observing!

No bugs for now, since I was so busy having a blast with your game, congratulations!

Total Score [23/30]

All in All, the game ended great for me, and to my friends who somehow got in the cross-fire for my map-review, although I got pissed about myself for not taking those funny and good screenshots we made before we headed out, I hope this review will help you do more goodies for the next update
happy map-making!

Reactions: sPy
Level 3
@ZlolZ
hey friend! so sorry for the late map review, I'm having troubles with my time for school work and gaming, oh well here's my map review:

Storm Spirit Wizardry 1.07

I'll start the total score in 30/30, we know the passing grade is 15, but its still not good and above it means you must give more improvements of the map. a perfect score means. well you made it! :cgrin:
[+] signs means there is something good within your work, this won't be part of the grading since this is just a good comment saying you made a good job
[-] signs means you must make something better or maybe an improvement of that part of your work
[bugs] won't deduct your score, however, will only show you some mishaps and low managing of some triggers,terrains,units etc.

Originality [2.5/5]
Note:
[-] I feel bad for people taking up games that are already familiarize from others and knows it well, I'll start it with a half score, I like the idea, maybe similar to Tiny Wars, Pudge Wars, Shadowfiend Wars, and so on to other heroes, if you want games that inspires someone or something on your map, make it different in a total way for some gamers will appreciate it
Difficulty [3.5/5]
Note:
[+] The game mostly relies on skills, power, and micro-management, I don't find any difficulties as for now, but somehow I felt strange for the elemental areas, its too hard to hide on the area because they elements also attacks you, the only friendliest of them all is that nature area, I guess your still on the work for more and I like that, maybe make more better changes in the future
Gameplay [4/5]
Note:
[+] The game was great, I played it with my friends (we know DotA so well and played it like pros man!) but somehow I forgot to take those awesome screenshots we made for your game, sorry man but don't worry, my review will surely tell you the whole story of how your game rocks!
[-] The role would be better if all spirits have there own skill images, like when the first skill is activated, it will show the image of there own instead of Raijin Thunderkeg's original one

Triggering [4.5/5]
Note:
[+] I found no bad triggering so far and that's good news, but the debugging skill, its like Furion's second skill in a really-really long time to start, make some good changes for it to make the game more challenging than a signal point for easy kills
[+] Again with the elemental areas, there too hard to coup with, maybe make those elementals easier like skibi's tower defense's elementals in the mini-game, like when you bump to one of them you will get the damaging effects of it. well this is just a suggestion and I hope you understand me loud and clear

Terraining [3.5/5]
Note:
[+] The terrain was fine, its good, and has many exit routes and blindspots I discovered during my observations, and that's a good one
[-] If your game is related to godly elements or spiritual essences, make it more shadowy or foggy-like state, something that will combine the synergy of the players in the map, another suggestion and a good help for yah dude!

Synergy [5/5]
Note:
[+] Like what I said with the terrain, combine these effects that will show the game in its awesome view
[+] The Items and upgrades were great! and I find no low managing for now, and that will make this section perfect for my observing!

No bugs for now, since I was so busy having a blast with your game, congratulations!

Total Score [23/30]

All in All, the game ended great for me, and to my friends who somehow got in the cross-fire for my map-review, although I got pissed about myself for not taking those funny and good screenshots we made before we headed out, I hope this review will help you do more goodies for the next update
happy map-making!

Well, really thx for your review! =)