• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stopping triggers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
uh i know this is really nubish but after a little moment of searching the Trigger - actions, i realized that there is no way to directly stop a trigger without turning it off. will turning it off and turning it on work? i've added a repick trigger to a ver of SOL's RPG that i've replaced Waugriff's rigged worm in, and am not sure if it would continually loop or not (i had a trigger to spawn units when something entered a region and it didn't turn off, so there were about 50-100 harpies in 1 screen for the one entering of the place.)
the trigger goes
Code:
Repick
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
        Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
        Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
        Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
        Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
        Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
        Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
        Player - Player 8 (Pink) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
        Player - Player 9 (Gray) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
        Player - Player 10 (Light Blue) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
        Player - Player 11 (Dark Green) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
        Player - Player 12 (Brown) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Triggering player)) and do (Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game)
        Player - Set (Triggering Player) Current gold to 750
        Player - Set (Triggering Player) Current lumber to 100
        Unit - Create 1 [hero picking unit] for (Picked player) at (Center of Spawning Ground <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees

i'd like to know if this will stop itself or if i'll have to put something in like
Code:
    Actions
        Trigger - Turn off (This Trigger)
        Trigger - Turn on (This Trigger)
on the end, or if it would work at all.

Level 7
I generally use trigger turn off 'trigger' in map initialization among with other actions with that event. Then some triggers i add a turn on 'trigger' and in the end 'turn off' so that theres a cycle - off when smt hhappens on, then off again. Make connections b-n triggers, it can serve like stop and resume.

Level 7
yea that is the only way to stop a trigger if it does not end on it's own like killing a specific unit and then do this.. other then that turn off and on works ok!

Level 24
ah ty. maybe turn it off and then have a trigger that activates with the same criteria but hits .02 seconds later and turns the repick on and itself off. foolproof, except for one fool: me :|

Status
Not open for further replies.