• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stone Wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
A while back someone was looking for a wheel Icon and after looking, I was unable to find any 'wheels'. There were several Shield Icons that I found and he was able to settle with one of the wooden shields as a wheel.

However, I decided to practice making Icons after reading a lot of the Icon tutorials one day at work.

While I doubt this Icon will be good enough to upload, I would still like some feedback - constructive or otherwise - if you have time.

The Smaller Images (From Left to right) are:
1) Sharpened, Some Brightness/Contrast Added
2) Sharpened with more brightness/Contrast
3) Just the small image with no alterations to my FIRST large image

Personal Thoughts:
Perhaps more Knicks\Lines in the stone?
More 'Texture'?

Thanks for your time :)

Edit*
This is the correct forum for this right?

Attachments

• Wheel2.png
    Wheel2.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 95
  • Wheel2Big.png
    Wheel2Big.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 69
  • Wheel3.png
    Wheel3.png
    7 KB · Views: 101
  • Wheel.png
    Wheel.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 97
  • BTNWheel2.blp
    4.4 KB · Views: 55
Level 11
I actually was thinking about doing the wooden part originally and will probably do that next.

But as for the stone part itself, does it look ok? Any suggestions on what needs to be improved with that?

I am going to put some more dirt on it and some cracks But overall I think the stone part has the right texture.

Status
Not open for further replies.