• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stolen Map on Battle.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Since I have now seen this twice, I thought I should mention it. A couple months ago I was developing a Warcraft III map, I never got around to finishing it, after putting some more stuff in I log into battle.net and see a game with MY map in it. I NEVER released it on the internet or hosted it at all! The same thing just happened today, how do they get my maps from my computer and how do I stop it?

Level 6
Did you actually join the room and make sure that it was the same map. I have experienced a bug where certain maps show up with same name when put in same folder even though they are completely different.

Level 2
yeah i joined it, saw the same terrain, name and he just changed the creators name, i said it was mine and he kicked me

Join the map first. There is occsionally a bug where a map will seem to be hosted if you open it in World editor. SOmetimes, it gets mixed up with maps due to similar names. Othertimes, it is for random purposes. A game I played called MTG tower wars, for instance, had its map in place of a game label LOAP gold, but when I joined, I didnt pay attention to the game name, it it WAS Loap gold.

Level 8
The same thing happened to me long time ago, don't worry. If you would join that game, you would see that, that is not your map. Just some other map with the same filename. Or something smillar to it. I was worried a lot and quickly joined that game with anger. But it was not my map. Relax.

Level 2
but the map was mine, the minimap was the same, and the name of the map was the same, i actually joined the room, and I saw it was my map

Level 6
He said he got kicked so he didn't see the inside of the map. It was probably just a bug. If you did see the inside of the map, you have a virus and should find it. If you can't you should reinstall windows because someone is stealing your personal files.

Level 3
lol

You know that Map\Test forlder?

People might host a map from that Test folder.

If it does, you're recent testing will look like he's hosting it.

If you join, you will still have to download the map he's hosting,.

Giving you time to complain.

Level 10
Your map isnt stolen, its common bug, you sometimes see your map mini-map when someone hosts something, you have to wait when your DL is finished in that hosted game and then mini-map will fully change, I think its happening couse of auto-saving system when you make a map. So dont worry and make your map further...

Also when hosting public beta of my maps I had guy who came in and was psycho and said: "You fucking noob, you stole my map, I gonna ban you and report you" , when he finished DL he was like "No comment...." , Its a bug so dont worry...

I firstly knew this is a bug couse someone hosted vamp fire and my map mini-map was there...

Status
Not open for further replies.