• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stat detection for item

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
How to make some sort of detection system, (which I think will use custom script but idk how) that makes it so that when you pick up an item, it checks your stats. For example, this item needs 15 strength to carry, and you only have 14. How will you make it not pick it up(or drop upon carrying?)

Level 12
You would need to use a trigger. Something like:
  • Item Check
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit acquires an item
  • Conditions
    • Item type of (Item being manipulated) equal to (mySpecialItem)
    • (Strength of (Triggering Unit) including bonuses) Less than 15
  • Actions
    • Item - Create 1 (Item type of (Item being manipulated)) at (Position of (Triggering unit))
    • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated) from the game
The actions are sloppy because I don't remember how to force an item onto the ground. This would work but could cause other issues if you are keeping track of the specific item for other reasons. The trigger above also has a point leak when it creates a new item.

Another thing to watch out for is that items might add stats. I don't remember if those stats would be applied by the time this trigger runs, but if you are checking if they have enough strength, and the item adds some strength, it might let the hero carry it even if they shouldn't be able to.

Level 5
You would need to use a trigger. Something like:
  • Item Check
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit acquires an item
  • Conditions
    • Item type of (Item being manipulated) equal to (mySpecialItem)
    • (Strength of (Triggering Unit) including bonuses) Less than 15
  • Actions
    • Item - Create 1 (Item type of (Item being manipulated)) at (Position of (Triggering unit))
    • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated) from the game
The actions are sloppy because I don't remember how to force an item onto the ground. This would work but could cause other issues if you are keeping track of the specific item for other reasons. The trigger above also has a point leak when it creates a new item.

Another thing to watch out for is that items might add stats. I don't remember if those stats would be applied by the time this trigger runs, but if you are checking if they have enough strength, and the item adds some strength, it might let the hero carry it even if they shouldn't be able to.
Thanks a bunch, I think ill just "Drop item for Hero" action.

Status
Not open for further replies.