• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stargate Galaxy Beta

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: A2D and syponis
This is my first campaign,im still learning how to fully use wold editor,and im using older version of WE unlimited.I decided to make this because i havent saw any map/campaign about this,and because im huge fan of Stargate.Campaign is still under construction,and i simply called this beta,there is still lot of work to do.

Story:Few months after the Wraith attack on Earth,which was stopped by John Sheppard and his team,Stargate Command has discovered a new Ancient outpost,with huge database.Sheppard and Rodney are sent to gather informations and to explore those worlds,at the same time Wraith will became active again.

I would like to thanks to next ppl for models:
BlackSebastian
rober artua
qassamzed
olofmoleman
Trollschnitzel
syc
Scythy Dervish

I tested campaign few times and it should be bugs etc.It was pretty hard to make this because it was like transforming warcraft in,let say world in conflict for example.

At the end i can only say,if you approve/accept this campaign i can promise i will improve many things(which im planing to do anyway).And im preparing next episode/chapter,too.Basicly im not planing big campaign,because Stargate Extinction and Revolution(new movies) are releasing next year as I saw.I would be realy gratefull if you can tell me for some site where i can find stargate models etc,if you know any ofc.

Keywords:
STARGATE GALAXY BETA
Contents

Stargate Galaxy Beta (Campaign)

Reviews
23:42, 25th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected Comment
Level 6
-Kobas- I didnt had time to make bigs maps to dw some special terrain etc,but like i said ill improve that.

light bolt30-I cant make some special story,because like i said next year two Stargate movies are releasing,so I dont want to ruin/destroy original Stargate story with this campaign.

Darkzealot 128-As i said im still learning how to use editor.I still dont know many things but in time i will learn ofc.In site infos i saw that purpose of this site is to help ppl like me with suggestions,advices etc...

Last edited:
Grrr 2 words:
Easy:
  • I killed 50% enemy only with hero!

Unfinished:
  • Hero abilities are very bad, at least change icon and description!
  • Cinematic don't show any camera changes, try to zoom out/in, rotate and so on! Also cinematic transmissions from units are 2 long!
  • Hero don't level up in first 3 missions!
  • No custom loading screen!
  • Terrain need improvement, download and import some space doodads and use them as walls and so on! http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models.php?search=space&d=list&r=20&t=4 <- Example
  • All this can be added into 1 map, campaign is there for 1 reason to show different loading screens, to reduce map size, and so on, it's more easier to create large number of maps instead of 1 large, but still your aren't so large!
  • Add few optional quests!
  • Add more different units!
  • More events (sudden alien strike)
  • Need a lot of special effects (from doodads to abilities)
185870-albums3216-picture31874.jpg

Level 12
Hmmm... doesn't seem like a very approval-worthy campaign...
In my opinion, the campaign can be improved in every aspect.

How long did it take you to make this? 3 weeks?
Campaigns usually take months to make, don't be afraid to spend a long time on them.

Also, despite the bad comments, don't give up. I recommend you read up on tutorials.

My Rating: 2/5

Level 12
This campaign needs a lot of improvement, there are no items, no enemy variety (like 2), the cinematics are boring the terrain is bad and the maps aren't linked up. The hero has virtually no skills, on map 3 at the end cinematic when everybody stopped talking the map never finished, it just left me looking at the huge purple spaceship.

Level 3
bug: in the first map at the first cinematic "exlpore" i think it should be "explore"
triggering: its very simply 3/5
spells: 1 own spell 2/5
story: interesting + comprehensible 4/5
cinematic: how said bug found + very long 1/5

all in all: 3+2+4+1 = 10/20 = 2.5/5 = 3/5

Level 12
Well-thought out campaigns with great terrain, balanced races, custom spells, events, etc. will usually take more then 3 weeks.

Level 3
I agree with the above comments. The core of the campaign is clearly there, but you DO need to improve the following sections:

- Spells, powers, items: add a lot more, you may come up with good ideas looking at other space warfare maps (especially WH40K ones).

- Terrain: it's basically the size of a mini map. Not even close to sufficient

- Creeps: add more variety and types.

- Dialogues: check the grammar, you may wish to ask a native speaker to proofread them. (on the top, make cinematics skippable)

That's it for now, I'll submit a vote when this map is in later stages of its development.

TDA

TDA

Level 4
Djokula I understand you completly I've jus been doing Warcraft 3 maps for 1 year.

I started With the project that wich would prove to be my favorite over all this time

the most important thing I found about learning the editor, is a gradual aproach

This is how I did it: I was a Novice at the less complicated map making of starcraft 1 when I started, so I had basic knolage.
Then I learned the old Warcraft 3 editor (Rain of Chaios) this gave me way less to worck with then what I use now (Frosen throne) but eased my transition, cause when I got the FT editor I was mesemorised

Don't take it in all at once.

The 3 first things your need to learn are the Cinematic, unit, and Camera Trigers, inorder to have a sound concept map, which is what novices do, because only one eyear from now will you be able to do what I'm doing now, upedating every single thing about the map, untill it all has the epic feel

Level 22
Grrr 2 words:
Easy:
  • I killed 50% enemy only with hero!

Unfinished:
  • Hero abilities are very bad, at least change icon and description!
  • Cinematic don't show any camera changes, try to zoom out/in, rotate and so on! Also cinematic transmissions from units are 2 long!
  • Hero don't level up in first 3 missions!
  • No custom loading screen!
  • Terrain need improvement, download and import some space doodads and use them as walls and so on! http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models.php?search=space&d=list&r=20&t=4 <- Example
  • All this can be added into 1 map, campaign is there for 1 reason to show different loading screens, to reduce map size, and so on, it's more easier to create large number of maps instead of 1 large, but still your aren't so large!
  • Add few optional quests!
  • Add more different units!
  • More events (sudden alien strike)
  • Need a lot of special effects (from doodads to abilities)
185870-albums3216-picture31874.jpg

When I found similar results from checking the map, I'm voting for rejection.
Since you made a review already I'll just mark yours, but my vote is rejection.

Rating: 1.5/5
Vote for:
Rejected