• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Split TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Published on EU and NA.
This map is all about mazing!

At each game random amount of checkpoints, teleports, double damage spots, slow generators, speed generators and rocks placed at random locations of the map.
Also the maximum tower you can build and the amount zergling spawned are random too for each game.

Here is a fast video:

Level 11
Why is the amount of zergling spawned (difficulty, minerals) random?

What do you mean by maximum tower? There are different ones that are randomly selected, or it's random whether you get one at all? I hope the former.

I can't comment on the rest as it seems relevant for mazing.

Remember that random is good for augmenting content. It doesn't work as well when it is the content.

Level 5
well, random works out well here, as this map is kind of "brain" challenge and it also hugely increases the re playability.

Minerals arent random, the zerlings start hp and changed by wave are based on the random stuff on the map.

The amount of zerling spawned is hugely influences how to maze! As in most cases you will have 1 tower which will have huge damage, so you want to maze around that, but if there is only 5 zerlging, than there is no need to make long mazes near that 1 tower, but if there is 20 zerling, than you can make long mazes near that 1 tower as you will need long maze to be able still shoot the last zergling, when the first zergling returns to that 1 tower in your maze.

At every game a random supply limit set for all player and 1 tower costs 1 supply. However you can make as many supply depots as you want but it costs 5x more. (Supply depots come handy to maze in very late game or if you need only 1-2 tower at early game to finish your maze.)

Level 5
So the game adapts to the "random arena" given, if you will. That is more interesting, yes.

Yes, of course I didnt make one for every random possibility, it just one action including supply limit, zerling spawn amount, amount of double damage spots and checkpoints. However its pretty balanced, as I changed it many times.
Also from wave 20 to wave 40 the hp increased more and more slowly and from wave 40 the hp isnt increased anymore. (its rare to get one game over wave 20 and I think I never had game over wave 40 since I balanced the hp increase like that. So you wont have forever games.D)

Status
Not open for further replies.