• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Spells with "pattern"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
How do you create spells with patterns? Like for examples: creating waterwaves that move from the hero towards every direction, You target a area and four shockwave blasts in four directions, A spell creates a circle of lightning around the target. And stuff like that? If anyone get what i mean T.T

Level 25
Well to be honest, that doesnt help, (only checked the circle but w/e). I dont want to copy some circle spell doing a lot of crazy stuff. I just want to have explained for myself how you create stuff like that. If i like copy/try to learn it from circle of light thingy, i have to scam through 10 other effects and things, like healing, damage, unable to move in or out the circle. And its alot easier to learn how to make circles and stuff in a spell by having it explained.

Well, know that this is kinda messy, trying to explain the whole trigger. If you really want to have effects of your own, you should start reading tutorials, they don't bite. As i have seen, you lack of basic stuff, such as a damage detection system. If you don't want to learn through a ready spell, -I admit you are right- find out stuff on your own or tutorials. There is no spell to make you instantly learn coding/triggering. Also, if you indeed say this, you also lack of Integer A knowledge, another way basic issue to learn in triggering. The forums here are to help people, but explaining every bit of triggering in every map maker is just too much. I don't think i am the only one who is bored of making a mini-tutorial to every question of a map-maker, considering basic stuff, that is why this thread got no attention.
I would start from here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-279/basics-of-trigger-enhancing-spells-7334/
P.S. Please, note that i am not judging you, I try to help you think in other ways, when you don't get response to one of your problems.
Like i said in another thread, i want to model high quality models, but, when i don't know basic modelling stuff, i just can't.

Edit: By the way, circles are made:
For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10
Loop - Actions
Set Point1 = (Position of (Your unit)) or (Target Point of ability being cast)
Set Point2 = ((Point1) offset by 256.00 towards ((Real(IntegerA)) x 30))
Unit - Create 1 Footman at Point2 for (Owner of (your unit)) facing default building degrees
Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)
Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point2)

Level 25
Hmm, yea i see your point. I am kind of lazy so i intend to ask someone to explain for me before trying myself, thats how i am in the real world also (unfortunaly). That tutorial, is maybe too much noobish, explaining arrays a bit though, which is good since i lack at knowledge, like you said, but i saw another tutorial made by the same guy, that explained better for me how to make circle effects, adn line effects in spells/triggers and such (which is, after all, what i want to learn ^^).
But as said, i see your point, and this was a pretty stupid thread, thanks for taking your time helping me out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.