• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spells that adds to hero's specific stats (eg. mana pool)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello, I'm trying to make spells that add on the heroes' sub stats like mana pool, attack speed, base armor etc. but i just can't seem to make it work. Can someone please help?

*Edit: I'm thinking of using item abilities and changing them to hero abilities. However, item abilities only provide one type of sub stat like mana pool. Say I have two converted spells that add mana pool and mana regen respectively, can anyone teach me how to combine so they end up as only one spell?

Last edited:
Level 2
Unfortunately, spells are limited by the base spell they are made from. You can't combine them, but you can convert them to Hero abilities - keep in mind, however, that Heroes can only have 5 Hero abilities max. If you want to change mana capacity and mana regen, you're better off using unit abilities - a Hero might be a Hero, but a Hero is also a unit. You can give Heroes unit abilities, but they wont be in the list of trainable Hero abilites, and that means they won't level up, and you won't be able to put a level requirement on the ability. If you want to put up some limits, you should look into Hero triggers, and Unit triggers too.

Level 30
It is easy! Make upgrades that add your stats that you would like. Then, set their values. Make your hero uses the upgrade. Then, go to triggering and trigger that whenever your unit learns ability, to set value of upgrade for owner of that unit to Level of ability for learning hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.