• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Spells I am having difficulty creating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
There are several spells I have been having difficulty creating. If someone could help me in any way i would be grateful.
Spell 1) I wanted all unis to be upgraded as another unit(x) came into play and remove the upgrade as the unit(x) left. Every time this unit(x) enters play it stacks up to upgrade 100. This upgrade was also saposed to be player specific, only the players units upgrade when the players unit(x) enters the map.
exmple: (X) enters play, Player 1 Forged Swords = +1.
(X) leaves play, Player 1 Forged Swords = -1.

Spell 2) I would like to know how to create a minimap ping or circle veiwable on the minimap when a player casts a spell locating a unit.

Spell 3) I would like to play a custom sound along with the action of something. I cant play spells unless i set a custom spell that has already bee played. I want to play a spell that has not yet been played. I dont understand this in the editor.

Spell 4) I would like to kno how to create a good leaderboard, similaR TO DOTA. if someone could send me a file w/ one i can read it and observe from someone elses perfection.

Level 9
2) Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All players) at (Center of (Playable map area)) for 1.00 seconds
3) Sound variables are set in the Sound Editor. Use Sound - Play (Sound).
4) My Ragnarok spell uses a basic leaderboard. Try it.

~The_Raven

Level 1
Thank you yet again Raven, you are truely a worthy editor, makes me wonder what you do for a living. Programing i would hope.
I have another question though, I feel it would be easier to ask instead of reposting anew topic and this one should be easy.
How do i get rid of the viewing you to your opponets becuase of no town hall.
Example: RPG, all you own is a unit. Since i dont have a Town hall it says Time to reveal then a timer appears, how can I remove this from my map?
Thanks again and if you dont reread this i will repost later tonight.

Level 1
Well i figured out spell 1 problem in case you wanted to know. just had to set variable to spell + 1, set max research lvl to variable and set current to variable in that oder.
As for the melee inition problem, maybe ince I have triggers that use melee initiatoion it occures, I will do some more editing with it and figure it out, thanks for all your help though.

Status
Not open for further replies.