• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] Spell that make a mine explose aumatically and leave flames on ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTP

CTP

Level 1
Hello,
I'm trying to make a spell where a hero summon a mine, and after that, when an enemy units comes within 25 range of the mine, make it explose, dealing 10/sec to all units within 100 range of the point the mine exploded for 10 seconds.

Since the sapper mine is disbled (it appear to have only kaboom)

1. I modified Summon water elemental to summon a mine at hero place
  2. The mine is set on the ground, but how to detect units entering range 25 ?
I heard you have to use aura, I make the mine to have an aura (range 25) that applies a MineProximityBuff to any units within range, but can't get a trigger that detect buff gain.

So my 1st question is How to trigger my mine explosion ?
Other question are How to trigger the one mine that detect proximity and not others
and last one is How to center the AOE effect to the position of the mine and not the triggerring unit that gain buff ?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
For the damage over time effect, the easiest method is to create and order a Dummy unit to cast Flamestrike at the position of the mine when it dies.
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit dies
  • Conditions
  • Unit-type of (Triggering unit) Equal to Land Mine
  • Actions
  • --- Create dummy unit, add flamestrike to it, order it to cast flamestrike at the position of the (Triggering unit) ---
Check out my FIRST comment in this thread for more info about Dummy units:
Some other info regarding Dummy units:
Another example of Dummy unit usage:

If Flamestrike doesn't work for you then you'll have to trigger a custom periodic damage over time effect yourself. This could help you get started:

The Dynamic Indexing method comes to mind as well (link in my signature), that's what I'd use to trigger this type of effect.

Level 39
Spawning an invisible, locusted dummy unit also works. Give it permanent immolation and an expiration timer.

But it sounds like the issue is knowing when the mine is tripped in the first place. That's what the Goblin Land Mine item abilty Lordul Dracula referred to is for (and how Uncle showed it being used).

Status
Not open for further replies.