• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Spell resistance question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello,

I know from warcraft modding I have done in the past its possible to negate magic and spell damage by changing around the Elunes Grace ability, however what I wanted to know was if there was an ability that could only reduce the damage taken from spell, not magic based attacks. Does anyone know of such an ability or method?

Level 6
There is an ability called either "spell damage reduction" or "magic damage reduction" that goes with the ruine bracelet item. This ability will reduce the damage taken from spells by whatever percentage you set it to while completely uneffecting magic attacks, however this ability wont show up on the units ability window, I think this is exactly what you're looking for, you can thank me later

Level 16
There is an ability called either "spell damage reduction" or "magic damage reduction" that goes with the ruine bracelet item. This ability will reduce the damage taken from spells by whatever percentage you set it to while completely uneffecting magic attacks, however this ability wont show up on the units ability window, I think this is exactly what you're looking for, you can thank me later
yes this one.

alternatively, you can use armor types table (by default hero armor reduces magic damage), but emmm... not sure if hero armor type can reduce spells damage but not magic attacks? probably, but this must be double checked

Level 4
Thanks,

That's not a problem because I could set up a dummy ability and call it spell resistance or some other appropriate name to fix this technicality.

Status
Not open for further replies.